584,812 active members*
5,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Toyoda > Toyoda FA-800 B-Axis? hates me!

Toyoda FA-800 B-Axis? hates me!

I have a B-axis that will not rotate all the time. If I take it loose from the mount so all I am trying to move is the motor it seems to try and then give an 411 alarm on the Fanuc 16i control. If I disconnect the motor (power and encoder) and turn the machine off overnight. Whe I come into work the next morning the B-axis will work just fine. If I leave it hooked up the next morning it might not or might work. I have tried several procdures and checks and it seems to be the motor or the Fanuc amp. Help if you can, this machine has been done for over a year and it is my job to get it running.

Can you tell me if this is a 1 degree table or NC Disc Brake table? It sounds as if the machine believes that B is unclamped when it actually isn't. Does it clear M10 and M11?
    411 is an excess error alarm, can occur when there is physical interference in the axis movement. Do you have the machine serial #?

Serial# NM8391

NC table, M10 and M11 both clear.

Is there any way you can monitor the load while rotating B axis, it also sounds as if it might be sticking on the Rulon that the table rides on. We usually don't have too many issues with the NC tables, but there may be a history on this machine that you don't know about, it is a fairly old one going by the Serial#.

Yes I can, but this happens when the motor is removed sitting on the X-ways also. I dont have the full history but work the guy that has been here since machine instalation. Evey machine in this shop is the first one, last one or custom in some maner.

Ok sorry I didn't realize you had removed it completely. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you opened up the Error Count Parameter that corresponds to the 411 alarm. I can't remember off the top of my head whether the 411 is Excess Error on Move or Stop, 410 would be the other.

I have done that also. The motor stops turning before it even alarms out. After even .100 on the jog wheel it will start making a noise like servo motors do when they are jammed up.

Ok here's one you may have already looked for, but is this machine optioned with an external scale? I know many of our older 800's were equipped with the scale option. You will be able to see this in the option sheet or in the Data table.

No scales, absoulte encoder on motor.

Have you checked the cable to make sure all the wiring is in good condition. I know the motor cables are snaked and have a half coil in them to account for the rotation of the pallet changer. This 1/2 coil will cause wires to have issues especially if the wire sheath has been broken where coolant can infiltrate the wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by sagespecialized View Post
    Have you checked the cable to make sure all the wiring is in good condition. I know the motor cables are snaked and have a half coil in them to account for the rotation of the pallet changer. This 1/2 coil will cause wires to have issues especially if the wire sheath has been broken where coolant can infiltrate the wiring.
    The wireing seems to be in good shape. There is no rotation on this B-axis motor for the pallet to get in the way.

B axis motor issue...my bad I was thinking pallet changer for some reason, sorry.

I'm thinking X,Y,Z,and B all have the same amp in the cabinet. You can tell by there Fanuc model numbers, if that is the case try swapping another axis amp with the B. If the problem moves your in luck, if it does not then that brings you back to the motor having issue. You could also due the same thing if the motors for the other axis are the same, that i'm not sure of.

Be sure the batteries are in good condition on the amps before you disconnect...if not that will cause another bunch of headaches.

It seems to have been then Amp. I replaced the amp and B-axis is spining like a little girl. (when commanded not on its own)

Solved