585,589 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

1993 Mazak Vtc-41 M tool carousel stuck

I just bought this machine. is the first time I did a tool change and when the spindle went to pick up the tool the machine got stuck the tool carousel door didn't close and the air keeps blowing out. has this happened to anybody else can y'all please help me.

Hi Lugomez,

did you get any alarm message on the screen?

I have a 1991 VTC41 and went through quite a bit of problems with it and might be able to walk you through a couple of things.

Let me know if the problem still exists. I see your post was from a bit ago.

To reset the tool changer, you can disconnect the air turn the machine off and move the magazine back by hand.

When you turn the machine back on and reconnect the air, the magazine will move back out, but now you can put an M13 in and it should move the magazine back into it's home position.
    Don't ask me why I always had to move the magazine back by hand, the only reed switches that are then put into the PLC are the one on the magazine air cylinder. But I guess the PLC needs to see that change to move on.

Put in an M15 or M16 in and the magazine door will close. (15 is open and 16 is close or the other way around)
    You should be back to the beginning now and can try again.

Did the machine get stuck after it picked up or tried to pick up the tool, or before it even got under the spindle?

If after resetting the magazine from the stuck position you cannot move all axes and or other things, you have an interlock axis.
    You will need to verify all x-inputs into the PLC and I'll give you the addresses so you can check.
    You can also visually check if the reed switches are made on the magazine, the magazine door and the home position of the carrousel.

Let me know if you have solved it already or if you are still fighting with it.

Cheers
    Ollie