585,744 active members*
4,901 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hardware Limit Error

I keep getting the error hardware limit on axis 1,2, and 3. I recently performed a brand new BDI install. How do I get ride of this error?

Ok dumb question first. are the limit switches being touched or are they away from the axis?
    I am not familiar with a BDI? but if it has conection points on it for the limit switches, I would look to see if the signal is being inverted on your new BDI?
    As a test you could hold in a limit switch and see if the axis error goes away to verify this?
    Just my 2 cents, I could be way off.....

Good luck
    menomana

LImit Switches

I get this error even with the machine not even hooked up to the computer. I have no limit switches and I am running BDI 4.38. I have just performed a brand new install of BDI 4.38 and not even hook up the parrel cable the error occurs.

Hardware Limit Error

Hi:
    Just my two cents.
    Try copy your last working *.ini file and replace that *.ini file that give you errors. Or try another *.ini file or better edit it to adjust to your machine.
    I am new here and my English is very bad. Forgive me!

Best regards

Daniel

parameters

What parameters in the .ini would cause this particular error?

I don't know exactly. I am using BDI 4.38 without problems now. But some months ago, in an installation that has tested I find that problem. I don't remember but I think was the Coolcnc(puppy linux) I had this problem that you are having now. I copied an archive * ini of a version from sherline and the program functioned. With BDI 4.38 I had problem with a motherboard asus. My linux was freezing in the moment to load * ini of this version but the Live CD morphix run without problem in this same computer. I don't understand why!!!
    May be they your hardware (motherboard), like my asus, is not compatible with this software.

Good luck!

there is a limit switch polarity in the ini file that is the problem. you may wish to ask on the EMC users mailing list. If you are going to be using EMC, that should be considered essential reading. https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Limit Switch

I changed the limit switch polarity value from 0 to 1 several times but the same error occurs.

In stepconfig wizzard at some point you have to assign "stuff" to each pin of the lpt port. If you do not have limit switches, change to "unused". I took off every pin that was not used and now seems fine. (Have to test it on machine but at home the program runs fine now)
    Sven
    http://www.puresven.com/?q=building-cnc-router

BDI refers to EMC not EMC2. I would suggest not wasting your time on EMC but go directly to EMC2. There have been many improvements. Go to LinuxCNC.org.

Stepconf is found on EMC2 not on EMC.

Alan