585,567 active members*
3,529 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > The phone calls...do they stop?

The phone calls...do they stop?

So after purchasing their software do the relentless calls ever stop or do they keep pestering you to buy more of their stuff?

I like the software, but they would have to pay ME to use it if they continue to call me like they do.

Twice a day every day is too much.

Thanks.

Hi DRock,

I found that if you talk to them and let them know what your requirements are, they will back off. If you ignore them, they will keep trying to contact you.

Doug

I have talked with them many times on the phone and repeatedly told them no more calls...then they started twice a day after that!

But they say they don't call or email you anymore. I guess they mean they don't call anymore or any less

Re: The phone calls...do they stop?

The sales folks have come to the point that they only call me when there is a upgrade. The couple of times they called to tell me about the upgrades, I let them know what my expectations were on time frame for any possible purchase and what my sweet spot was on pricing. In each call Bobcad has been pretty good about calling me back according to the expectations I had set.

They can come across pretty aggressive. They did on my initial purchase of V24. I was put off by the initial sales pitch and almost went with something else on principal. I bought V24 anyway. As a hobbyists, I probably paid too much but I wanted some advance features I didn't see in other products at the time.

I upgraded to V25 because it was a substantial upgrade, and also because they worked with me to meet my price point and the functionality I wanted.

For the record, I am happy with the upgrade to V25. I'm impressed with the improvements and particularly impressed with the simulation support.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
    CRP-4848 CNC Router, CNC G0463 (Sieg X3) Mill, 9"x20" HF CNC Lathe (current project)

I have never delt with that company but I have had problems with other comanies doing the same thing. First I ask nice, next time I put it bluntly, 3rd time I get VERY rude and start calling back and letting managment know in no uncertain terms just how unhappy I am there sales people are waisting my time.

After I decided that I didn't care for their software I sent the salesperson who sold it to me and asked that he, or anyone else from that company never contact me again.

Haven't heard from them since.