585,931 active members*
3,530 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > heidenhain tnc410 post

Angry heidenhain tnc410 post

Hi everyone,

im looking for a mastercam post processor for a heidenhain tnc410 control in iso format. no luck finding or creating one. any help would be extremely appreciated. thank you.

Goran

I'm curious as to why every CNC forum has people looking for MasterCam posts. Are they not available from the people that make MasterCam, or are they just too expensive?

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

dan,

to answer your question, a generic heidenhain post is available however to customize to a specific machine and control costs money.
    im currently programming four different controls, all but the heidenhain i have a post for, the company will not pay for it, so im trying to make my life easier by finding one.

...now that you know, can you be useful to me?

So you are programming for a Heidenhain but the company won't pay for a post?

What kind of sense does that make?

Sorry, I'm not a MasterCam user, I was just wondering why all the requests. I can not help you.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Dan to answer your question there are alott of posts from diffrent dealers in diffrent areas. Mastercam comes with about 100 posts but some like to change the post even know that it works fine or in some cases the control has changed some and the post needs some small tweaks .
    Some Dealers will fix or should I say slight tweaks at no cost but if there is alott to be done or a complete custom post there is a cost for the dealers time.

Also most do not just give out posts on line as this make harder for the people that run Pirated versions to get ahold of them.
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Okay, thanks.

Dan

before anybody says anything else, i am running a registered version and a post has been provided by the dealer. i've had this post for a while now and it needs to be changed (a lot) to be used efficiently for my machine. This is where somebody comes in and does that for us and charges a bunch of money, which i dont have control of in the company i work for. now please i ask if there is a person that can help me out (because thats what a cnc forum is about, people helping people) then let me know.

have yourselves a lovely day gentlemen

goran

Goren, if you ask pacfic questin on waht you need we can help make changes to the post to get it were you want.

So if they gave you a post lets adujst whats there.
    There is no atack on you by any means.

You might need to share your PST with me to help.
    Jay
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thank you Jay, I will put up my existing post as well as a sample of a usable program (as well as some notes) as soon as possible.

Goran

Hi Goran,

I certainly didn't mean to imply that you didn't own the software. I apologize if I offended you. I was honestly curious as to why I see so many requests for posts for MasterCam.

Dan

no offence taken dan.

...cant get enough of the overtime last few days, havent had much time. i would like to make sure the files i upload are clear and straight forward so i can get results. i hope i can still count on your help.

goran

i hope i can still count on your help.
    Absolutely. :cheers:

Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about MasterCam.

Dan

heidenhain410

hi jay, here is the post file and also a file on what needs to be changed.

i've changed this post to about 85% of what i would like it to be, only things that i was unable to do are the drilling and tapping cycles. The post also generates a G53 code which i dont want at all.

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why do you want to run a Heidenhain IN ISO? The conversation is much more versitle. So I'm guessing that if your boss wont pay for a post, he never sent anyone to training for the Heidenhain. It's a great language on a great control and their are conversation posts available.

I assume all your other controls are Fanuc (gcode) and you want it to work just like those, because all your guys know Gcode. The Heidenhain Gcode is not like Fanuc. So they would have to learn something anyway.

You bought a sports car. Why not drive it like a sports car and dont try to make it into a truck.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

i've got the post and the latest version of mastercam from the dealer (the boss forked out the bucks!) thanks for the efforts.

goran

Dear sir

I want to service manual of heidanhain TNC410 or PLC data of same

please send me , if you have

Thanks
    Dipen Purohit
    Rajkot
    India .