584,802 active members*
4,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Safety Zone > MultiCam 3000 CNC Router randomly taking itself out of pause mode

MultiCam 3000 CNC Router randomly taking itself out of pause mode

One of our MultiCam 3000 router tables has been showing some strange behavior lately. Occasionally, after pausing the machine during a cut, the machine will stay paused for a random amount of time and suddenly take itself out of pause mode and begin cutting again. This happened again just a moment ago just as I was about to clear a plastic labeling strip which had gotten wrapped around the cutting tool. Luckily my hands were not in contact with the tool when it spun back up.

Also, on rare occasions, the machine will move the gantry from it's parked position to the front of the table with no input from the controller.

Just wondering if anyone with a MultiCam machine has ever experienced this issue or might have an idea where to start troubleshooting it. I have googled this and found no refrences to anything similar.

SB

Hi skybum
    Funny you mention that. I run an MG series Multicam aswell as a 5000 high ganrty. The MG was our fisrt machine and the excact same thing used to happen to me. Somewhat unnerving when you`re cleaning a wraparound and it starts up. I`m betting you are using the grey pendant as were we when we got the machine from new. And thereby lies the problem , there was a fault with that style of pendant , we now have the black LED style which was reluctantly replaced by the vendor within a couple of months of ownership. The black style of pendant is made by multicam so any glitches were fixed. They made their own as the grey type caused so many problems. Best of luck with that just be careful. Syd.

that is weird and moreover the most dangerous self faulty activity by the machine .. imo you are better to seek help from the technician as well along with the suggestions from the board