586,005 active members*
4,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Bridgeport series 1 interact

Hi,

I need help. I have an old bridgeport series 1 interact with a heidenhain 145 controler. Monitor packed in and then the controler. I got the controler repaired but lost the paramaters in the process. I downloaded parameters from the heidenhain web site but they don't seem to work. Z axis seems to reg. ok but x and y both rapid into the extreme limits when they touch the reg. switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tommy.

look in the heidenhain parameter thread there should be some that are close.

heidenhain would not have bridgeport parameters on their site.

probably counting direction is wrong

I too have a Series I Interact, though with a 151B controller. Attached are my parameters, known good for my machine. Also attached is a scan of Bridgeport's original paperwork with machine parameters from the factory - about everything is the same, but my backlash parameters have changed a little.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Gus,
    Thanks for the quick response. What I can't understand is why in rapids into the limit cams. It normally reaches the ref cams and stops and I can then move manually away. When I change the counting direction and press the ref cam by hand it still rapids the direction it was moving for about 10-15mm and then gross positional error. I have some new parameters I can try and see will it change things. Anymore ideas would great.

Tommy.

Hi jmccracken,
    Thanks for your post. I will compare your parameters with what I have and try a few changes. There are not as many parameters in the Tnc 145 as your 151B.

Tommy.

Could you have a open tach (velocity) loop?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Regarding machine parameters, I'm attaching a short document with the 151B machine parameter definitions. This might make it easier for you to corelate your parameters with 151B's ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi George,

I'm pretty new to this and I have no idea what that means.
    I have come across the name Al Machine shop in the UK so I will give him a ring Monday and see if he has any ideas.

Tommy.

Tommy,I saw your request and meant to send you the parameters and forgot.PM me if you want them,I have an identical machine.
    OTOH,Ali will be able to help you.

The motor has 2 armatre wires and 2 wires that are smaller for the tachometer. There is a seperate section of the motor with its own brushes that acts as a generator creating a voltage that is relative to the speed of the motor and the control/drive watches this. Usually the issues I have with the tach is that it gets dirty and the motor starts to move with a slight shudder and thus needs cleaning.
    Maybe in your case it is open (has a broken wire).

George

I'm back in business again. I got some parameters that did the trick. Thanks to all for your help, much appreciated.

Tommy.