585,942 active members*
3,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc ot- m code crash

Hello. My names chris and im fairly new to cnc machines. as of right now im finishing up my senior year at a technical high school. part time i work at a family manufacturing company and they have a old miyano jnc-60. i have gotten the lathe to successfully run, but now a problem has arise. whenever a m-code is used the machine will throw a machine alarm. with that being said i tried going into mdi mode and manually inputting in those m codes and it still crashes. can anybody lead me in a direction that will help me resolve this issue

Does this happen on ANY m-code? What alarm(s) are you getting? Does the alarm change for different m-codes?

i have not tried all the m codes. the two codes that throw up a machine alarm which is 10-2-16 M code implentation time over are the tail stock and the parts catcher. When I run my program the tailstock will extend out, nothing will happen, but after a minute will enable that machine alarm. in MDI it does the same. The parts catcher wont even come out in either modes.

There may be a proximity switch for the tailstock to signal that the quill has extended that you can adjust . Most commonly I've seen one switch for retract and one for extend. You should extend the quill into the part, then adjust the proximity switch.

As for the part catcher, you should consult the electrical drawing to see what I/O signals are used and check the PMC diagnostics when you issue the M-code.

Often written in to the Ladder is a time out and a message will occur for M codes if the FIN(ish) confirmation signal is not seen.
    IOW when an M code is issued, the control expects to see a FIN signal confirming the action has taken place or complete.
    If the time out is not included, the system would just hang waiting for the FIN.
    The signal can originate from a input via a L.S. or other means.
    This sounds like the error you are getting?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

are you sure you are using the correct M codes and there are no other interlock conditions that need to be met first? For example activating the tailstock movement requires that the chuck is not in motion. did it ever work properly? if it did its a program or interlock issue. if it never worked and your program is correct you may have a machine fault such as relay/solenoid/limit switch fault(s).

Al from my knowledge that is exactly what Is happening. I recently had made a program. It was running perfect. Then one day it just kept on popping up with that machine alarm after my tailstock would extend. Then I realized certain other m codes wouldn't work like the parts catcher. Never crashed the machine and no parameters were changed. Battery's were replaced. I'm kinda stumped on what to do or look at to resolve this issue