585,722 active members*
4,604 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: G10?

G10?

Hello all and thanks for all the great info i get from these forums. I'm in the process of learning g-code for mach3 and i have hit a mental block when it comes to this code and how i can use it. I know the definition and G10 L1 is tool offsets and G10 L2 is work offsets, but i just cant make it work on my tormach. The P word in the L2 line is supposed to change G54-59 but it doesn't. I'm confused and need straightened out. Could you also included a example that i can take to the machine as i learn better by seeing. Thanks again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

you really only need to use G10 when auto-setting offsets etc from within a program. mostly for production work or with a robot loader etc.
    if you are doing a single part it's better to set the offsets manually using the relevant offset screens.

Re: G10?

Could you give a example? Preferably a example i could recreate on my machine. I would like to understand it. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I'm talking about Fanuc controls. I have no interest in Mach3, it could be different. Check the Mach3 manual