585,712 active members*
4,362 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question DNC between FANUC 16 and CIMCO dnc Max

Hello.
    I'm getting problems with the remote request function.
    It seems that Fanuc control is not sending DC1 when we push the start button in Tape Mode.
    Has somebody experience with this matter

DC codes in Fanuc 16

First check to see what I/O channel you're using. If you press the Setting/Offset button, you'll see a setting marked simply "I/O". This number is usually set to "0", but it can be set to "1", or "2" for other serial port channels, or "3" for the Fanuc Remote Buffer.

If the setting is "0", look in parameter 102
    If the setting is "1", look in parameter 112
    If the setting is "2", look in parameter 122
    If the setting is "3", look in parameter 132
    If the setting is "4", your set up to use the SRAM card slot next to your CRT.

The parameters listed above are normally set to "0", which is a setting from a chart in the Fanuc operator's manual. A setting of "0" means that a standard RS232 protocol with DC codes is used. Other settings are intended for Fanuc devices like the Fanuc Cassette adapter, the Fanuc portable tape reader, etc.

Sorry, make mistake.
    The cnc is a Fanuc 15 and de I/O device is 0 and in the parameter 102 device number=0. So I think the settings for the standar RS232 has to be in another parameter

Thanks
    Ninus

Wrong CNC

The Fanuc 15 uses parameters 5110, 5120, and 5130 to set the communicatons protocol. I recommend that you set "3" in all three of these parameters.

Thanks Dan, next monday i'll tell you how it works
    Thanks again

Ok, Dan.
    It works correctly. Handsnake or Xon/Xoff is redy now.
    The only problem that I have is that I need an Xon character when I push the start button in tape mode and it depends of the maker of the machine, in that case is a Mori Seiki machine and I can't detect this character.
    Any way I introduce an delay in to the pc so I have enough time to change to Tape mode push the start program and wait while the program comes
    Thanks again.
    Ninus