585,754 active members*
3,740 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V25 - X & Y axis flipped in post but not on display

V25 - X & Y axis flipped in post but not on display

What would cause Bobcad V25 to flip the X & Y axis on posts but still show the part, tool paths, and stock all in the top/right quadrant of the UCS? Everything looked right on the display and I only noticed it when I loaded the gcode into Mach3. The X and Y axis were flipped but the Z was fine.

At all stages of the drawing in Alibre and the importing into Bobcad V25 I kept the parts in the same orientation and origin. The imported parts, the stock, and the machine setup all share the same origin - the top (Z) lower (Y) left (X) corner of the imported parts.

All the X and Y moves in the gcode should be positive, but the generated gcode has them all negative.

The DVD video training implies that the origin of the stock and the machine setup are not even related. That all tool paths are generated relative to the origin of the machine setup. this makes sense since all features are shown under the associated machine setup.

What am I doing wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CRP-4848 CNC Router, CNC G0463 (Sieg X3) Mill, 9"x20" HF CNC Lathe (current project)

Machine Definition

Check your "Machine Definition", look at the X and Y axis direction settings, likely they are set to -1.0, if so change them to just 1.0, doing this should reverse the direction to a positive in your code.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Machine Direction.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	177656

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Rob

When I went into my default machine definition the X and Y direction values were both positive. Switching them fixed the problem. My posts now have the X and Y in the right directions.

From your message and your screen shot, I would have expected them to be negative. By flipping them, have I patched or fixed it? IOW, was setting them to negative appropriate or did I mask another problem else where?

Do you know what units the limits are? I suspect they are in mm.
    CRP-4848 CNC Router, CNC G0463 (Sieg X3) Mill, 9"x20" HF CNC Lathe (current project)