585,759 active members*
4,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > We lost a member of this group yesterday.
Page 1 of 2 12

We lost a member of this group yesterday.

We lost a good member of this group yesterday.

There is a member here who admittedly knows nothing about a Tormach, has never run one and has probably never seen one who is always telling us how we should run our machines. Aren't you Ray L. AKA HimyKabibble.

Apparently Mr. Kabibble and Don Clement had a disagreement yesterday and the result of said disagreement was Don was banned from this sight.

I have had several disagreements with Mr. Kabibble, and I always get what I consider BS answers or opinions.

I have an idea what HimyKabibble means, but if I posted it here, I would probably be banned too.

I have reached a point I will no longer reply to his posts, and I think if others do that as well, he might just go away.

I think the admins banned the wrong guy.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.

Don got banned??? That's awful.
    I, too, get very irritated with Ray's "smarter than thou" attitude.

I think that's terrible - I didn't see *anything* posted that would be grounds for a ban, and Don has been a useful long-time contributor to this site.
    Any way we can get this revoked?

He got banned for what was said in the "We have twins" thread? If so that's ridiculous. You wouldn't expect the overzealous PC police to have infiltrated even machinist forums. With all the metal shavings having a thick skin is a prerequisite I've found.

Anybody know where he's posting now? Don cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Seebold View Post

Apparently Mr. Kabibble and Don Clement had a disagreement yesterday and the result of said disagreement was Don was banned from this sight.

I value Don contributions, particularly for his habit of explaining the benefit of a particular technique or piece of equipment, frequently with an associated link. Does anyone know if he intends to move to the Yahoo Tormach group tormach1100 : Tormach PCNC 1100 & 770 Mills or the Google plus Tormach group https://plus.google.com/communities/...43495847262279 ?

And I strongly feel he should be unbanned, his contributions added significantly to this group.

Quote Originally Posted by cncoperator View Post
    Does anyone know if he intends to move to the Yahoo Tormach group tormach1100 : Tormach PCNC 1100 & 770 Mills or the Google plus Tormach group https://plus.google.com/communities/...43495847262279 ?
    He is active on the Yahoo Group now.

nitewatchman

Utterly, incredibly, absurd!

Steve, you've been an asset to the community and bring an interesting perspective due to your previous experience.

I also think Ray has been incredibly helpful on our site. At least from my perspective his opinions are balanced and his knowledge is solid and he is willing to share it. I for one have learned a great deal from him and hope he stays around.

Don has also been very helpful, but at times he insults and takes stabs at people for no apparent reason.... this starts a sh1t storm which seems to escalate into these messes.

David

There is a member here who admittedly knows nothing about a Tormach, has never run one and has probably never seen one who is always telling us how we should run our machines. Aren't you Ray L. AKA HimyKabibble.

I have had several disagreements with Mr. Kabibble, and I always get what I consider BS answers or opinions.

I have an idea what HimyKabibble means, but if I posted it here, I would probably be banned too.

I have reached a point I will no longer reply to his posts, and I think if others do that as well, he might just go away.

Just to inject a few of those pesky "fact" thingies here: Don and I did NOT have any "disagreement" that I am aware of, and I had nothing whatsoever to do with him getting banned. He made a post yesterday that an admin clearly felt violated CNCZone policy, despite the fact that everyone here was warned weeks ago ANY such post WOULD get the poster banned instantly. Don ignored the admins warning, and he has paid the price. He did this to himself. I had NOTHING whatsoever to do with it. I didn't even bother to report his inappropriate post to the admin, even though it was aimed squarely at me. Blame me if you like - I could not care less. But the fact is Don did this to himself.

Regards,
    Ray L.

You got it right, this site needs characters like Don that have lots of experience and less of the condescending think they know it all's that only make a post when they want to put someone down, belittle a newbie or argue their view that is of course more correct than yours, in their mind. what a shame.

Re: We lost a member of this group yesterday.

You can't help when somebody bans themself, either way he will be back I'm sure, DonC, or something.. I will say I've learned more from Ray than most here, he doesn't have a Tormach, but he still isn't stupid, and understands what a Tormach can do.

It seems America is on a fast track to create a nation of thin-skined sissies and "girlie-men". Can't say this or that, it might offend somebody. I'm completely new to CNC machining and have learned a great deal from both the posts of Don C. as well as those from H.K. I didn't read the offending post, but was there not a less draconian alternative available? Possibly a tend day suspension or such? I don't know, but I will miss Don's posts just as I would've missed H.K.'s had he been banned. If I don't like the tenor of a particular post, I stop reading it and go one to the next. I'm probably wrong about all this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnToner View Post
    It seems America is on a fast track to create a nation of thin-skined sissies and "girlie-men". Can't say this or that, it might offend somebody. I'm completely new to CNC machining and have learned a great deal from both the posts of Don C. as well as those from H.K. I didn't read the offending post, but was there not a less draconian alternative available? Possibly a tend day suspension or such? I don't know, but I will miss Don's posts just as I would've missed H.K.'s had he been banned. If I don't like the tenor of a particular post, I stop reading it and go one to the next. I'm probably wrong about all this.
    After a spate of inappropriate posts several weeks back, and several requests to tone things down which were completely ignored by several people, including Don, the admin was crystal clear that he was fed up, that there would be a zero tolerance policy going forward, and anyone making an inappropriate post would be banned immediately, with no warning, and without further explanation or recourse. Don ignored the warning, and the admin did precisely what he warned he would do.

Regards,
    Ray L.

BTW - Don may well have gotten himself banned from the Yahoo group as well. His last (again, totally inappropriate) post there has been deleted by the admin.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Ray, we get it. He was warned, he was banned. We're not claiming this to be some great injustice as much as we're just saying that we don't mind it when people like Don get a little childish and personal. We're big boys with big toys that can saw off digits and break bones. We don't need admins protecting us from a little distasteful back and forth between two hotheads. There's a ton of information to be gleaned from it, certainly more-so than from the politically correct high-horse BS that we're now being forced to spew: "Well, good sir, I am sure you're a fine machinist in your own right despite your potential lack of experience with the aforementioned machine. I will have to respectfully disagree with your assertion, however, blah blah blah."

Give us a break and let us call each other doodoo heads if we want to during an argument. JohnToner is 100% correct, this forced fake-ass civility is part of what is draining all the red blood out of this nation.

gee, ray seems awfully concerned with dons activity and passing judgement on his postings. seems to be a good candidate for someone that needs to mind his own business.
    come back don, make a new user name, bamcnc did after he got banned so you should be fine too.

what a bummer. Ray is a guy who thinks he is really smart but repeatedly shows he knows nothing about a Tormach in practice- I'm sure every seasoned machinist who actually owns a tormach on here agrees with me. He seems to understand machining but he always reminds me of the annoying 13 year old who knows just enough to think he knows it all. Life will go on and hopefully Don will be back with a new name.

It seems like that lynch mob is active again, lots of people screaming for blood. Never let the facts get in the way of a good lynching, it’s all a bit like a 50’s Western.

Personally I'm with Ray.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philbur View Post
    It seems like that lynch mob is active again, lots of people screaming for blood. Never let the facts get in the way of a good lynching, it’s all a bit like a 50’s Western.

Personally I'm with Ray.

Phil
    Unfortunately not all the antagonists and self declared experts got banned. Let the mob take care of them....

Was I the only one who thought somebody died based on the thread title?

Phew...I thought it was serious

I usually haunt the aviation fora and when we lose a member it is a bit more permanent. Thanks goodness a new user name will solve the problem. I am a total metal working novice, but I have no trouble seeing through the jibes and strongly held views to get the meat of the discussion. I really love this forum and have learned a ton about my machine.

-Adam

Breaking tooling and destroying stock with greater precision and speed than I ever could with a manual machine.

Page 1 of 2 12