585,662 active members*
3,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Laser head flying out of control!! HELP!

I am having a rather severe issue with my laser at the moment.

When I send large files to be engraved to the laser it starts off fine but after engraving for a little while the head will suddenly decide to head to the left side of the laser and then when it gets to the end of travel it tries to continue past that point) into the left side and then it jumps the belts and is no longer set for the same starting point.. I have to stop the job and press datum to get the head to reset its X/Y positional data... This is not an issue with me trying to push the laser to engrave to fast as it happens at the same point with a specific file whether Im engraving at 100mm or 600mm. It has done this on several different files that were large. When I reduce the size or complexity of the engraving this does now happen. I have been working with G.Weike on this but they haven't come back with anything yet and I have work to do!!!!

Like I mentioned it seems to be file size dependent... It seems that the laser is somehow resetting its X-Y data and thinks the head is in a different position than it actually is???

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

"sounds" like an intermittent driver card problem, ie: the card has a fault but not one that affects it all the time.

Possibly a problem with the files but unlikely, if you want me to take a look at the file in question feel free to send it over and I'll check through for legacy items etc

best wishes

Dave

[email protected]

Ill shoot the file over shortly.. And thanks a bunch Dave.

I am also thinking its a problem with the driver card.... Guess its time to look at upgrading the DSP :-(

What is your DSP?
    Are the physical boundaries programmed well in the DSP?
    (it can be that there is an almost invisible artifact in your drawing outside the the workspace. If the boundaries are not programmed it may go there and meets its limit)
    Else: check all electric connections
    And yes, your DSP can be malfunctioning
    But these kind of errors often seem to be logic......afterwards..

Kees

DSP Is a Leetro 6515.

I thought it might be one of the files I was using as well, but I have taken the same file and reduced the size of the image and it worked fine.. I am honestly out of ideas. I cant afford to have the laser taking a crap every time I feed it a large file to engrave..

Hiya Phil,

Tried the file on two machines with two different controllers, LaserCUT doesn't like it at all. That's a huge amount of information in the file with a lot of greyscale, I'll see if I can 2Bit the file and get the filesize down then dot dither it.
    It took 20 minutes to get the time test to run and that's on a quad processor machine running off of an SSD drive with 32 gig of ram.

back a bit later with some results

best wishes

Dave

It is actually a set of 2 bit images, they are just very high resolution. I guess maybe I made the assumption that these machines were more capable than they are.

Hiya Phil,

Zoom right in in lasercut, there are multiple shades rather than just black or white.

best wishes

Dave