586,024 active members*
4,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New XLR8 is here

G'Day people
    Just to help inform any interested parties, here is my experience.
    We are very busy at work and I am not a bloggy individual so my posting will be short.
    Here are pictures from receiving the new machine last Friday and a few hours of preliminary positioning and setup.
    Crating was acceptable, but minimalist, no issues with anything at all. I have moved a LOT of machinery and I would possibly be worried as to what might happen if the LTL carrier had cross-docked it (just a tad lightly built). Again, mine was perfect.
    Initial appearance and fit quality is excellent and beyond what is typically expected in this price point.
    I see some details that I would have designed different for sure. I am super fussy and can point out things on a 200G machine that are designed dumb too.
    No problem, make some mods, get r done.
    I am very happy. If the servo system and the software match the build of the machine, it is a smokin deal.
    Manual documentation is lacking in a few areas in regards to assembly (unlabeled Cat cables, no reference to removing stop blocks on Y,etc)
    I hope to find time to power up and play with it by the end of this week, but who knows.

Anyone know if the bolt-in tubing at the ends of the table are meant to be left installed or are they just for shipping?
    Super pet peeve - that brace blocks the clean-out door. A 2 minute design change would have fixed it (flame2).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0244.jpg   100_0245.jpg   100_0246.jpg   100_0247.jpg  

100_0248.jpg   100_0249.jpg   100_0250.jpg   100_0251.jpg  

100_0252.jpg   100_0253.jpg  
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I have muddled my way through a few experimental cuts and was forced into cutting a stack of 1/2" base plates as well.
    Servo drives and motion control is excellent. Far exceeds any machine that we demo'd including the previous model Dynatorch.
    I need to get through this mountain of purchasing and mechanical design on my desk so I can get some time on REALLY figuring out the software and tweaking the machine parameters.
    Will post some more pics and maybe vid in the near future
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Looks good.. I have an older dynatorch, would love to upgrade to that.