finished my 2nd router cnc out of 80/20, using same xp, mach3, bob, mtr contollers but, new psu (KL 600-48v-switching)and nema 23 mtrs. Same artcam 9 with mach2 pp. with tc. Pockets and circles exactly .050 under size. Checked all v-bearings, removed backlash from lovejoy spiders, no visible play in drive screws, nuts, or bearings. All leadscrews free of restictions. Can't hear steppers missing steps. Can rapid over 280 ipm, normally set rapid @ 200ipm, acceleration @ 4.5 ipm. feeds from 25 to 100 ipm depending on material and depth. Have tried rediculous low speeds with the same results. Have rechecked all tool dia., spindle alignment & runout. Axis calibrations are within .001 over 6 in. tests, max. backlash tests are under.002. Have checked and reloaded post processor, will reload mach drv. and change tool dia. and see if results come out as desired. Note: no audible missed steps and project is consitantly .050 undersize. I would think backlash along with missed steps would produce more random results. Tried backlash compensation before checking all of the above with no results, will try again now that I've gone over the machine. Any sugestions will be appreciated.
[email protected]