584,837 active members*
5,552 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > RESOLVED! Mach3 MaxNC enabled = 1/4 speed motors , Disabled = no running motors.

RESOLVED! Mach3 MaxNC enabled = 1/4 speed motors , Disabled = no running motors.

I set up a PC with XP and a parallel port so I can get my THC to work. I did a completely new install of Mach3 and included the printer driver. In the port setup and axis selction screen, there is a box labled MaxNC mode. THe max CL mode enabled is checked. My X, Y and Z motor outputs tab shows that pins 2-3, 4-5, 6-7 on port 1 are enabled. My motors however can only run off of 4-5 for Y, 6-7 for X and 8-9 for Z. Also worth noting is that they run are 1/4 speed and I have a good idea on why that is after reading about MaxNC.
    Issue:
    My situation however is that I need simple pulse and direction outputs from the parallel port on pins 2-3, 4-5, 6-7. If I uncheck "Max CL mode enabled", the outputs from the printer port stop working. Jog keys and THC simulator switches still increment and decrement DROs but no output from parallel port -

Setup:
    3 stepper motors sitting on bench connected to microstepping drivers.
    Breakout board connected to parallel port. Breakout board, drivers and motors are known good from running with a smoothstepper.
    parallel port tests OK - and Speed is shown as excellent at 100Khz when tested.
    If I run with MaxCL mode enabled everything works including THC which I simulated with switches works. but motors at exactly 1/4 speed and pin assigments in motor outputs tab appear to mean nothing.

Question is:
    How do I get the parallel port working in simple pulse, direction mode

I would greatly appreciate some help on this - I'm about 12 hours into this problem now. I have a completely fresh XP install and Mach3 is licensed.

Thanks

Figured it out, needed to reverse the output to active low. Direction and step had to be active low.