585,959 active members*
5,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Just out of curiosity why would it be necessary to limit the trial period on a piece of software to only 3 days. It seems like a big downside for the customer with no upside for the software company?

Bluechip I think you should have quit at post 35 while you were ahead. It never pays for a vendor to argue with a member on a public forum, especially not with one whose comments are as well considered as Kevin's. Why do you think Tormach never defends against negative reviews of it's products on this forum. It's a lose, lose situation for the vendor.

Phil

I agree that a three day trial period is not adequate. The ability to get a live session is great but most people need/ want time to evaluate and consider other solutions also. I am a Information Technology supervisor and rarely see such a short evaluation time for software. Frankly, I wouldn't even consider evaluating the software because we rarely have that much time available to do a trial. As a hobbiest, the software cost can be a significant factor and I like to try software out and compare it to other packages.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Kevin,

All very good points. I 100% agree with you. G-wizards 30 day demo is what locked me in to pay for software I didn't want to pay for. Before getting some time with it on a few different projects, I did see the value.... BUT once I used it over a few weekends, I decided I couldn't do without it.

No way that would happen in 3 days. This is a hobby for me, so I get a few hours a week to place. 3 days doesn't cut it.

I also agree regarding the tool radius. Makes no sense to me. Yeah I can divide by 2. So can the program and eliminate one more step for me... Isnt that to point of good software?

David

Re: is the tormach conversational?

I know this this is an old thread and I dont like digging old threds up.

But I have been looking at kipwareT software and I'm still finding the same problems talked about here. So I ask has anyone given in and bought the software and was happy with it?

Page 3 of 3 123