586,005 active members*
5,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: KFlop 4.3

KFlop 4.3

I see a lot of references to 4.3, but when I go to the download page at the website, all I find is 4.29. I'm wondering how I get 4.3. Also, when I install it do I generally need to copy all of my data and copy back or will the installer leave everything alone other than the new files it's copying?

Thanks.

Hi John,

Here is the latest Test Release V4.30m. We are expecting this will become the official V4.30 Release. We announce Test Releases on our Yahoo Group.

You should install into a separate directory ie the default C:\KMotion430m. Also keep a backup of your working Version directory and any of your modified files.

Then copy files from your previous version's \KMotion\Data Directory into the new version. This won't always work when new parameters have been added in the new Version (sorry about that we used a fixed text file format). A compare tool like WinMerge is great for seeing/merging changes.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Upgrade

Hi Tom,
    Further to your answer to John, because XP keeps stalling on startup, at mups.sys, I am going to have to do a full reinstall of Windows for my Extron milling machine.
    I have all the settings for KMotion and retain a full backup but I will be making the jump from 4.21 to 4.3 and your comment, to John, about things not working, because new parameters may have been added, concerns me a little.

If I run WinMerge to compare the old and new files do I merge all the old settings into the new 4.3 files?
    Or just specifics specific settings?

Will my C Programs all still work with the later version?

Regards - Ross F.

Hi Ross,

The newer files may have new parameters. Parameters that exist in the old file set the same as in the older file. New parameters leave the default setting or set to something more appropriate.

The C programs should still work.

Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com