585,728 active members*
4,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Using a non-Fadal Rotary Table With a Fadal VMC

Using a non-Fadal Rotary Table With a Fadal VMC

I have a 1990 Fadal 4020 and need to add the capability of a 4th axis rotary table. I have found a Tsudakoma ratary table and would like to know if anyone has adapted a non-Fadal table to a Fadal. What are the problems associated with this project? I assume that I will have to change the servo motor to a DC unit with resolvers, correct? Also what boards and etc. do I need to hook=up the table?

Thanks,

Scott

How about Troyke rotaries?

We have a brand new Troyke 5 axis table that we bought to use with our Sharnoa, but we never did, so it's been sitting on the shelf for 10 years now.
    Can i just hook that up and use it? What do i have to do, if anything?

To answer your question we are using Tsudakoma tables with our 6030 and 8030. One is a 4th and the other is 4th and 5th table. I wasn't around when they originally hooked it up, but i'm pretty sure that you don't need to do anything special.

We also have a fadal tr-165 and i switch those 3 around on all the machines, all the time. Beside changing parameters on the machine i don't have to mess with anything. I don't know if they had to modify the connectors or if there are some jumpers in the rotary itself.

I'm gonna double check this tomorrow at work, just to make sure it's right.

Admir

If the rotarties are to be ture 4th/5th asix operational then you will need to retro fit Fadal rotary motors to the unit. If its an indexer, they operate via an M function so it does not matter.

Neal

Alright, i checked with our Fadal service guy, and only requirement is that the rotary has DC motors.

As i stated earlier, we bought our tsudakoma tables with intent to use them on fadals, and we didn't have to change anything on the machine, or the tables.

If you end up getting one that has been used on a different machine you MIGHT have to replace the cables. Generaly, if the plugs look right, you're good to go.

As far as my own question, we'll have to replace the cables on our Troyke table in order to use it on the fadal, cause right now it's cnfigured for Sharnoa and it has different style connectors (plugs).

I hope this helped.

BTW

In Fadal maintenace manual they show you how to configure jumpers for different tables, and according to them on a Tsudakoma tilting rotary table A axis tilts and B rotates, which is opposite from the way TR 65 is set-up, and also retarted IMO. You don't have to do it that way. You can retain original axis configuration (A rotating, B tilting).

If you're interested in that, let me know and i'll dig up the details