585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > master cam software?

Question master cam software?

i am a cnc machining student with two kids and not much cash. i realy need mastercam on my computer or another cad/cam program with toolpath. i cant afford to buy it and cant save on the demo. does anyone know how i could get a full version free of charge? if so a link or instruction would be greatly appreciated. ty

LOL! This has to be one of the most awesome first posts ever.:nono:

(wedge)(chair)(nuts):stickpoke:wave::boxing::drown ing::banana::banana::weeflame2)
    Tim

As a student, he really should be learning to manually write programs first. Most of the so called "schools" teaching "machining" stick them right into CAD/CAM before they even have a clue how the machines actually do what they do.

:banana::idea::wee::withstupi

There is a Mastercam Student Version for Free I believe. Won't post a program though.
    www.WebMachinist.Net
    The Ultimate Online Source for Machinist Related Stuff!

Comes with training books
    The one I got saves
    CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by stinky_e1234 View Post
    i am a cnc machining student with two kids and not much cash. i realy need mastercam on my computer or another cad/cam program with toolpath. i cant afford to buy it and cant save on the demo. does anyone know how i could get a full version free of charge? if so a link or instruction would be greatly appreciated. ty

It doesn't work like that
    You may as well ask for a free escalde delivered to your door step
    CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!

if you are wanting to learn I understand but as people have said there is the home learning edition. no it will not post but will save and give time to play and practice.
    Are you taking a collage class by chance?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    if you are wanting to learn I understand but as people have said there is the home learning edition. no it will not post but will save and give time to play and practice.
    Are you taking a collage class by chance?
    yes half way through with my assosiates degree acctually im wrihing codes manually pretty well im in the top of my class so i know what im doing on the machine and im doing okay on the cad/cam too just got through the surface realy. i realy like mastercam but its expensive and im a tight wad lol. plus thats what we use at school and in most of the industry around here. so you say i can save my programs on the demo just not move to a licensed version?
    can you create tool path?

The learning version should do everything a full paid for version does except out put G-code. I would have thought your instructor would have explained this.

stinky_e1234 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by txcncman View Post
    The learning version should do everything a full paid for version does except out put G-code. I would have thought your instructor would have explained this.
    you have no idea what my instructor has told me. i cant believe how many machinists have said some realy womanly ****. i thought this would be a manlier environment. why assume my teacher doesnt teach? sounds to me like your jealous cause you have a job a monkey could do and im gonna be telling you what to do(; not that it matters what any of you believe my instructor is brilliant and sometimes i just have to see for myself... thanks for your help cadcam.

txcncman Guest
    you have no idea what my instructor has told me. i cant believe how many machinists have said some realy womanly ****. i thought this would be a manlier environment. why assume my teacher doesnt teach? sounds to me like your jealous cause you have a job a monkey could do and im gonna be telling you what to do(; not that it matters what any of you believe my instructor is brilliant and sometimes i just have to see for myself... thanks for your help cadcam.
    You are correct. We would have no idea what your instructor has told you and what they have not told you. If your instructor told you about the learning version of MasterCam for students, you must have been asleep in class that day. And yes, I have my monkey well trained. It gets spanked often.

cadcam Guest
    yes half way through with my assosiates degree acctually im wrihing codes manually pretty well im in the top of my class so i know what im doing on the machine and im doing okay on the cad/cam too just got through the surface realy. i realy like mastercam but its expensive and im a tight wad lol. plus thats what we use at school and in most of the industry around here. so you say i can save my programs on the demo just not move to a licensed version?
    can you create tool path?
    Yes you can write paths. you can bring the EMCX file from the HLE into the class room and open the file in the EDU version in class and post for testing in the school.
    Also the HLE does not let you use Chooks and it will round out drafting dim to.

fizzissist Guest
    You can add me to that group of commenters with "realy womanly ****" views of you.
    1. You want a freebie. Just how manly is that?
    2. You're writing codes manually.... Woo-frickn-Hoo. I've been doing that since 1983.
    3. To insult someone like txcncman as you have, you're showing me a side that is both naive and arrogant.

If, as you say, txcncman has a job that a monkey could do, why then are you even asking the question here? I say that because it would apply to me as well.

If a monkey could do it, and we're ALREADY DOING WHAT THAT MONKEY COULD DO.... .... Puts an interesting light on YOU for still being in school to learn how to do it.

....And btw, I have a dongle, which I paid for out of my own pocket. Please, if you would, explain why I should give it to you for free??

neilw20 Guest
    3 posts versus 4500? I can see stinky_e1234 has some learning to do, and better stop monkeying around. Not an insult. Advice.:withstupi

stinky_e1234,

Originally Posted by stinky_e1234
    i am a cnc machining student with two kids and not much cash.
    Let me guess; you voted for Barack Hussein Obama. He promised to give my money to all of you looser's so you should ask him for some free Mastercam.

At the risk of being rude I must say that you are an absolute MORON. However I believe that you asked your question in the right place because I suspect that the majority of Mastercam questions are asked by people that are using unlicensed Mastercam. Having spent over $17,000.00 for my current Mastercam license does not make me sympathetic for your inability to purchase a license.

Regarding your children; you should have better prepared yourself before having two children. Hopefully they won't grow up to be beggars like yourself.

Contact the company listed below and they will help you.

CNC Software, Inc.
    671 Old Post Road
    Tolland CT, 06084 USA

Please let us know what they had to say.

RFB

From stinky's profile page....

"stinky_e1234 has not made any friends yet"

(...btw, my MCam copy is legal)