584,860 active members*
5,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lost parameters

Could someone help me out with the procedure for uploading parameters to an Fanuc OM (I was advised to carry out a RESET + DELETE at power up, which cleared the memory). Please provide as much details as you can as I am a novice. Thank you for the help!

Suggest you contact Dan Fritz at Suburban Machinery Software, Inc.

[email protected]

He's a former Fanuc engineer. I don't know how easy this is and you are going to do it RIGHT or else you will have a mess on your hands.

"Lost Parameters" - wasn't that a Mexican folk group in the mid fifties ?
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

I can send you the two page Fanuc Technical bulletin in PDF for loading parameters after clearing memory, if you want to PM me.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloading Fanuc parameters

If your parameters are all zeroed out, you've got to at least manually enter the parameters to make the serial port work before you can download the rest of them from your PC. This assumes, of course, that you've recorded your parameters in a file on your PC as a backup.

Enter these parameters using MDI mode:

(set the "PWE" bit on the first parameter page to "1" so you can manually write the parameters) Then set:

Parameter 901, bit 6 (the 7th bit from the right). Set it to "1"
    Parameter 002, set to : 10000001
    Parameter 552, set to : 10

Then set your DNC software to send data at 4800 baud, 2 stop-bits, even parity. To send the parameters to the CNC, prepare your DNC software to send the parameter file, display the parameters on the CRT, then press the INPUT button to read the file.

Note: If your DNC system uses a different baudrate, then parameter 552 will be different (9 = 2400 baud, 10 = 4800 baud, 11 = 9600 baud). Also, the right-most bit of parameter 002 is for the stop-bits. A "0" = 1 stop-bit, and a "1" = 2 stop bits. The only important thing here is that the CNC matches your DNC software settings.

There is a very helpful chart in the back of the Fanuc maintenance manual that shows all the key-by-key operations, including clearing of memory on power-up, punching and reading parameters, offsets, programs, etc. The chart shows which operations need the PWE bit turned on, which ones need the memory protect key switch turned on, etc.

I lost all my parameters on my machine and have no backups.
    I run Fanuc OM on a Kitamura Mycenter 1B .
    Could someone help me out with the procedure for uploading parameters to an Fanuc OM.
    Please provide as much details as you can as I am a novice.
    Thank you for the help!

My E-mai it`s
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fritz View Post
    If your parameters are all zeroed out, you've got to at least manually enter the parameters to make the serial port work before you can download the rest of them from your PC. This assumes, of course, that you've recorded your parameters in a file on your PC as a backup.

Enter these parameters using MDI mode:

(set the "PWE" bit on the first parameter page to "1" so you can manually write the parameters) Then set:

Parameter 901, bit 6 (the 7th bit from the right). Set it to "1"
    Parameter 002, set to : 10000001
    Parameter 552, set to : 10

Then set your DNC software to send data at 4800 baud, 2 stop-bits, even parity. To send the parameters to the CNC, prepare your DNC software to send the parameter file, display the parameters on the CRT, then press the INPUT button to read the file.

Note: If your DNC system uses a different baudrate, then parameter 552 will be different (9 = 2400 baud, 10 = 4800 baud, 11 = 9600 baud). Also, the right-most bit of parameter 002 is for the stop-bits. A "0" = 1 stop-bit, and a "1" = 2 stop bits. The only important thing here is that the CNC matches your DNC software settings.

There is a very helpful chart in the back of the Fanuc maintenance manual that shows all the key-by-key operations, including clearing of memory on power-up, punching and reading parameters, offsets, programs, etc. The chart shows which operations need the PWE bit turned on, which ones need the memory protect key switch turned on, etc.
    As my experience, just need to turn on 901#6, set PWE=1, and press "read" in edit mode.

lost parameters 3t citizen f16

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    I can send you the two page Fanuc Technical bulletin in PDF for loading parameters after clearing memory, if you want to PM me.
    Al.
    HELP! just inherited an older citizen f16 with 3t control. the batterys were so corroded thst it lost all, when i try to restart the screen says not ready, wont allow me to put in parameters, any suggestions< thanxs wes

There should be a parameter toggle switch on the Master PCB, set to MDI mode and the switch to ON.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

HI, yes i turned it to the on position, if its off i have in big letters on the crt that machine not ready, it doesnt power on all the way checked all fuses, swapped power supply, and transformer(i have an f20 with same control 3T, i was thinking cuz of the alarm it wont let me change the parameters, but is it because of no parameters that it wont come on all the way? i know it sounds like which came first chicken or egg, any suggestionsd helpful. what about the big ass stand alone transformer that it uses?
    wes

Quote Originally Posted by darrylh View Post
    Could someone help me out with the procedure for uploading parameters to an Fanuc OM (I was advised to carry out a RESET + DELETE at power up, which cleared the memory). Please provide as much details as you can as I am a novice. Thank you for the help!
    put in the 900 parameters first.. then upload the rest... you might need to load the diagnostics also depending on the version of the nc..

Quote Originally Posted by darrylh View Post

I did that recenltly too!! I managed to get new parameters from leadwell though. FANUC helped me too.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cnc wedm View Post
    I lost all my parameters on my machine and have no backups.
    I run Fanuc OM on a Kitamura Mycenter 1B .
    Could someone help me out with the procedure for uploading parameters to an Fanuc OM.
    Please provide as much details as you can as I am a novice.
    Thank you for the help!
    Dear Sir

Reently I have installed Mycenter onr with Fanuc oma ,pl confirm ur mail ID so that I can arrange for the same and forward u.

0M parameters

load the fanuc option parameters first, 900 series, then the PMC parameters, set the RS232 parameters then input the remainder thru the RS232.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    "Lost Parameters" - wasn't that a Mexican folk group in the mid fifties ?
    Yes! I think their big hit was a song called "Estamos screwed amigos"