585,766 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Fuji frenic v5000 spindle drive problem

Fuji frenic v5000 spindle drive problem

Hi Guys,

I am currently using an "discarded" cnc lathe at uni, but the spindle drive trips out every now and again. Mainly when ramping up. I'm alwaays using CSS to ramp up, as the travel time of the turret keeps the acceleration within bounds.
    Does anyone have experience with these drives or know where i should be looking for the fault? If anyone has diagrams for this drive it would also be much apreciated, as i am sure i can get one of the elec students to look at it.

All seems to be fine mechanically and there is not too much friction on the drive train.

Thanx
    Pieter

Hi,

Can you give exact model # of drive?
    There should be type label in either side of drive, there is model, voltage etc information.
    I have some of Frenic 5000 series manuals, most are pdf format and can sent them by email if I have manual for type you have.

Regards Mika

Hi Mika,

Thank you for the reply. I found the numbers you are referring to.

On the front cover:
    ------------------
    Fuji Electric
    Frenic 5000v2
    HAH 43381

On The Side plate:
    ------------------
    Type: FSD-15-AR-22
    Input: AC200, 220/230 V50/60Hz
    Output: 11KW cont, 15KW 30 Min
    Series No.HHZ66715R00/8H (this number is faded and not clear to read. If it does not look familiar to you i can look at it with a magnifying glass to be more precise)
    MFD March 1985

Thank you very much for your wilingness to help
    Best regards
    Pieter

Ok, here is closest I could find.
    First look your drive and compare general layout of drive to the pictures in manual, manual maybe not just right for your drive, could be from next generation.

I can seach some more in weekend if needed...

Regards: Mika
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you very much for the PDF file.
    I have compared it with the spindle drive and found it to be very much similar to what i have got. there does however seem to be some things added to the newer drive of witch you have sent the files. I will see if i can get someone with more electronic background to look at ot over the weekend.
    Do you have personal experience working with these drives?

Thanks again.
    Pieter

I have Shizuoka VMC with Fuji Frenic 5000V3 ac spindle drive.
    I am not electrical engineer but still managed to retrofit Shizuoka using Mach3.
    After enquiry I got lot of info from Fuji Electric, lot of manuals and shematics as I couldn´t define which drive model I have they just sent data from all same vintage drives.

-Mika

I contacted fuji in the USA by fax this morning to see if i can get more info from them.
    later removed the drive from the system for visual inspection and clean-up. The rear inside part of the drive is very dirty and sticky with oil and old cutting fluid mist. Decided to open up further to clean the air intake side of the drive. Friend of mine also had a good look at the drive and pointed out that it seems like the soft start option is not installed. It would seem like this might have been removed at some stage as jumper SW5 is rough soldered in the "not used" state, while all the other jumper pins has got jumpers installed.
    The machine in question is a Victor TNS2 CNC turning center fitted with a 10" kitigawa power chuck. Do you think that this machine would have come out with or without the soft start option? Do you know where i can get such an expansion board and if it would work on this machine without further modification.
    Thank you
    Pieter

*bump*

Quote Originally Posted by Mstcnc View Post
    Ok, here is closest I could find.
    First look your drive and compare general layout of drive to the pictures in manual, manual maybe not just right for your drive, could be from next generation.

I can seach some more in weekend if needed...

Regards: Mika
    Hi Mika

I am new to this site but a search of the discussions brought me to this link. Would you have a PDF file for a Frenic 5000V2 FSD 11AR 22? Thank you for your time,
    Derick

Quote Originally Posted by Mstcnc View Post
    Hi,

Can you give exact model # of drive?
    There should be type label in either side of drive, there is model, voltage etc information.
    I have some of Frenic 5000 series manuals, most are pdf format and can sent them by email if I have manual for type you have.

Regards Mika
    Hi Mika

Would you have a pdf manual for a Frenic 5000V2 FSD 11AR 22?

Thank you for your time
    Derick

Wanted FRENIC 5000V2 FSD -15AR-22 manual urgently!

Hey there Mika,
    I have been frantically looking for manual of FRENIC 5000V2 FSD -15AR-22 manual. Can you please mail it to my email id - [email protected]?

Or if you could attach it to the thread that would be cool too.

Reagrds.

Sachin.

Arrow Cnctechnology

Hi Mika,

I am sommart from THAILAND , Would you have a pdf manual for FRENIC 5000V2
    I am looking for manual of FRENIC5000V2 MARK II manual.If you have Can you please mail to my [email protected]

Thank you very much

Sommart

Hello,
    I have Frenic5000V2; FSD-37AR-23. It was repaired and now it is working until the motor starts to slow down which at that point we got Overvoltage alarm. Could it be regenerative resistor adjustment issue? If so, does anyone knows the procedure how to adjust it? Maybe it is described in the Fuji manual? Any ideas are appreciated. My email address: [email protected] . Thank you.

Mika, We have a Fuji Frenic 5000 M spindle drive Type FMD 1AN-21; S/N HQ66604R002-3H; output 2.5 KVA; source 200/230V 50/60 hz. We are in need of manuals to help trouble shoot why we are getting an alarm to our Fanuc 11M control. We have a Miyano Model ANC-45 that we are selling and need to repair before shipping. Thanks, Ricketts.

Fuji Frenic 5000M

I need a manual for a Fuji phrenic 5000M - FMD-7AN-21, it has an alarm RT and I can not eliminate it, not if it is a problem of adjustment or some electronic components ..
    Thanks

Necesito el manual de un Fuji Frenic 5000M - FMD-7AN-21, el mismo tiene una alarma RT y no puedo eliminarla, no se si es un problema de ajuste o de algun componente electronico..
    Gracias

Talking Fuji Frenic 5000m

Hello,
    This alram RT is resistor over heat.Please check connector CN1 pin no.5 and 6 is contact or not
    Regards
    Sommart

Quote Originally Posted by valvulin View Post
    I need a manual for a Fuji phrenic 5000M - FMD-7AN-21, it has an alarm RT and I can not eliminate it, not if it is a problem of adjustment or some electronic components ..
    Thanks

Necesito el manual de un Fuji Frenic 5000M - FMD-7AN-21, el mismo tiene una alarma RT y no puedo eliminarla, no se si es un problema de ajuste o de algun componente electronico..
    Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by CNCTECHNOLOGY View Post
    Hello,
    This alram RT is resistor over heat.Please check connector CN1 pin no.5 and 6 is contact or not
    Regards
    Sommart
    thanks, check these pins and I have connection ok

Frenic 5000V1 Orient issue

I have a Shizuoka Millmaster with a Frenic FSDAN-21 (5000V1) spindle drive that is having orientation issues.
    It will actually orient every now and then but most of the time it just hunts back and forth. We used to grab the spindle and slow it down to a stop to finish the orient but not any more. I'm assuming the orientation circuit needs to be re-adjusted but I have had no luck finding a manual on this unit.

Does anyone out there know where I could locate one?

Thanks!

please any one help me for connection details of Fuji FREENIC 5000M2 drive,,,, there is a 25 pin connector(honda) ,,, i need its pinout details ,,, for control wiring
    :drowning: