585,982 active members*
4,549 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X,Y,Z motors stoped working

Hello everyone!
    I am new in this forum, and i need some help.
    I bought a new CNC machine TS-3040c-H80 4 months ago. It was working very well every times, but 2 days ago when i turned on the machine it was working only 5 minutes and suddenly X; Y; Z motors stoped, after that i was trying to move motors but without result. I re-installed my Windows7 (32bit). I'm tired of installing new mach3, also I have XML. file which works correctly. When i reset mach3, motors have a small coive as hushing but don't moves. Is there anyone who can help. here is my diagnostics... (Excuse for my English)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hggh.jpg  

I don't see anything wrong on the diagnostics page.

Do you have a way to manually move the axis? (Like hand wheels on the steppers?)

If you do have hand wheels, can you turn them by hand when the controller is powered up? If so, this will at least tell if the drivers are powering the stepper. I believe the sound you are hearing is the idle current reduction kicking in.
    A lazy man does it twice.

Just a quick question: Is the 5 volt supply still working, if you have it at all?

On my machine it is used for some safety feature and I use usb power for that. Once disconnected it and forgot to reconnect. Machine would not move...
    Sven
    http://www.puresven.com/?q=building-cnc-router

I can turn the axis by hand, But when the controller is powered up and i reset mach3, i can not turn them by hand. This time the axises are stuck. So this means that the drivers work?

David, Those are both good signs. How about a screen shot of your output pin set up and hot key assignments? It sounds like something simple or over looked.

Are you active on the Mach3 forum? They have a great group of guys willing to help also. You might want to post your xml file and they or we can look at how your machine is set up. If something is obvious it can be corrected.

It looks to me like a problem with the breakout board (interface board) but one must know the particular machine internals to give an useful advice.
    Are there any diagnostic/function lights and what is their state?

Thanks for your replies...
    I had doubts that the control box would be damaged but I opened the box and conjunction as if everything works well. the little red lamps are lit. I copied xml file and after that took pictures of ports & pins. this is my xml file for cnc machine TS-3040C-H80>>>TS-3040C backup settings for mach3mill.rar That tells you something? (I am a beginner and therefore know little things about the cnc machines.. Thanks for any help)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uiuioou.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	179389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled][p.JPG 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	179390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitledhkj.jpg 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	179391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitlediljkl.JPG 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	179392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitledjio.jpg 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	179393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitledjkljhy.JPG 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	179394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitledoip[.JPG 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	179395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z0030.jpg 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	179396

When you click on the red RESET button on Mach3 screen does it stop blinking? And stays in that state?

Yes, exactly so doing, it stops blinking. But once I unticked Estop button in ports & pins/ Input Signals / Active low... and i got this error message >>>

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitledjk,jk.jpg 
Size:	120.8 KB 
ID:	179419

The message says exactly that - There is a signal from the router that E-stop is active. If you click on the underlined text at the bottom of the message box Mach3 will try to automatically to adjust the pin settings to make current signal inactive. Or you can return back to the original setting.
    First step is to make Mach3 enter a working state. After that we'll continue seeking if the machine is still not operational.
    Have you tried to move the router by manually turning the lead screws with power off? Besides the E-stop there may be a limit switch active which results in the same behavior as if E-stop is pressed.