584,812 active members*
5,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco BMC40 with UltramaxIII reboots by itself
    kbtownsend Guest

Hurco BMC40 with UltramaxIII reboots by itself

Morning, new to this site. I'm maintenance at a stamping plant and our tool room has one of these. She randomly reboots herself and goes into conversation mode. This, of course, removes all the tools and she has to be reprogrammed, part picked back up, etc. Following the advice of my normal tool room contractors, I have swapped out the power supply with rebuilt ones a few times and each time it has helped for a month or so. The last time I bought a brand new one and put it in, again helped out for awhile. Now she's back to rebooting randomly again. Can someone help?

bloke Guest
    Fans. The ones on the card rack - make sure they aren't seized or running hot. Also check all the door fans aren't misbehaving. Disconnect and replace any that are.

kbtownsend Guest
    Aha. On the door to the power supply cabinet one fan was seized, and the cooling fins looked like someone stuffed a small cat in there. Also no working fans on the Y and Z axis drivers. We replaced all with floor stock and will cross our fingers. Thanks much, bloke.

I have a hawk 5m that has the same problem can anyone help

We have a BMC 40 that has this problem. Check voltage at the power supply, then at different locations along it's path until you get to where the voltage is read by the software. There is so many connections in between that it will loose a half volt on the 5v. That's enough for the software to tell it has low voltage and shuts down. Sometimes just unplugging connections and replugging them in will fix the problem for awhile.

When it restarts the start / power /hold /cycle buttons light up and the coolant pump runs for a few secents the it restarts and will not boot from hard drive got it to boot from the floppy drive it ran for about 30 min then did the same thing can anyone help

Sounds like your power supply is failing. Do you have access to an oscilloscope?

no checked it with a meter get 5.13 vdc

Try checking it with the meter set to AC volts to see if there is any noise on the supply. Another thing to try would be to re-seat the memory on the CPU.

I get 1.8 mV ac. One of the fans on the card rack was not working replaced it and it runs fine now thanks for all the help
    Is overheating a common problem?

No, but as components get older, they are more likely to be sensitive to changes. Normally a jammed fan will generate heat instead of getting rid of it.

I have a ultimaxII that has the problem on booting it displays message"machine configuration defaults have been loaded and needed to be verified" machine display only x,y,z values and thos message.
    can anyone help[/QUOTE]