586,005 active members*
5,075 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

The 3D Printer Mentioned in the Big Bang Theory

Wow, I didnot know anything about 3D printers until I watched an episode of The Big Bang Theory which talks about 3D printers. I am so surprised at the technology and interested in this area. Well, I think I'm a little bit behind the times.

It seems that the printer mentioned in the TBBT is InVision XT 3D Printer produced by Inition Company. But some people argue that it looks like the Kinect 3D printer produced by Microsoft. I will check this out because I'm going to buy one soon.
    Has anyone watched this episode? Let's talk about this. I'm so excited.

Besides, I'm also paying attention to the 3D printer materials. I notice that SainSmart also sells such materials. I once bought a Mini PC there and didn't know that they also sell such kind of things. Is that the authentic 3D printer materials? Can anyone have a look at this and explain it?

Talking about 3D printing I can say that this is the best innovation for now. Because it opens wider opportunities to all of us. Now 3D printing is maybe costing too much, but in the future, after about 3-4 years when this thing will be available for everyone I think people will no go to fix theirs broken things but they will create another one.

The side that everyone can use different material to print model shows us that it is really universal thing. If we now can create real guns just from *weapons 3D model, that some time ago was 2D model.. to cookies to eat for a Christmas..or clothes for fashion shows..*or even now it is 3D printing pen ! What`s next ?

Also, I am going to buy simple 4 Point Curved Shuriken and print it because I am preparing a presentation about the 3D printing benefits on cold weapons sphere and want to have just for real example. I want to show that everyone could have their own created weapon so simply and by this actually it could grow insecurity level. So we all have to think how we can use newest innovations in the best ways !

3D printing can already be done with a variety of materials. Here is one example http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...-manufacturing

Or here is another example http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12520951

So will we, at come point be "Printing" people? Just load up the right materials, run the machine, and 30 minutes later... give it a shock and..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3AMq8XGaA

Our ability to manipulate materials and matter is advancing at a staggering rate. The "Santa Claus" machine is almost here.