585,978 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Face start position

Face start position

In MasterCAM Mill is there a toggle to start a face program at a certain point? IE 3 o'clock instead of 9 o'clock? It seems no matter what option or order entities are picked it is always far left corner.

Go to Facing tool path > parameters >cut parameters> choose a style (zig zag) > now input an angle in the ROUGHING angle box 0 , 90, 180, 270. Play with the styles there are different options with each different style. p.s. you can put any angle in you want 5, 22, or anything.

Thanks SEIJACK,

I see the angle input, I'm curious about the start position, especially for one pass and zigzag, the two I use most frequently. Is there a way to control the quadrant it uses as the start position? FWIW I was entertaining BOBCAD and it has a toggle for start position and conventional/climb cut + offset (in the case of one pass type of cut).

There is no real toggle switch to made your cuts start where you want them, However you can fill in the fields how you want to use the face toolpath then save the parameters to the defaults file and it will load that way every time you use that tool path. ( that is the save icon at the top left corner of the page) Mastercam has a great amount of options to use. Be sure to use the help. I have been using MCam for the last 10 years and I still use the help > field definitions almost every day.

Kevien there is allot of control I guess I would need some type of sample of thought you want to do that you think it won't. there is allot more power in MC then Bobcad for sure.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .