I am getting an OT001 C +Overtravel (soft 1) on a Wasino lathe with Fanuc 10T which I cant figure out.
This happened the first time running a program with C axis work after initializing the memory and reloading options and parameters.
The C axis can zero return fine and operate in the C+ direction, but only one pulse in - direction trips this alarm. As this type of machine has to zero return also after the operation to allow disengaging the C axis that is when it trips which means the remaining operations in the program can not be executed.
If I boot the control pressing the . and - keys and choose to ignore soft limits I can run the machine without C axis, but next time I reboot I will get the alarm even if C is not even engaged. The limits for C are set to 99999999 and -99999999 in parameters. I tried changing grid shift a little, but it does not help.

As it was working before and not now after initializing the memory an incorrect parameter, or option is what I thought, but I have checked everything. I did not reload pitch data after zapping the memory as that file does not contain anything but just to rule that out I did load it after discovering this issue.

The C axis does not have any mechanical dog, limit switch etc. There is only a magnet and prox sensor to set a position for zero return. I dont really see the value in having any soft limits on a C axis. Can it be disabled?

Andy