585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Angry Full Spectrum Laser DEAD AGAIN

Well this is the third time this thing died. I have had this laser 6 months and in that time its been broke down 4 of the 6 months. I called for support they told me they would no longer help me. They threaten to sue me for defamation, because I tell it like it is. Hey if the machine breaks down I'm gonna tell ya about it. They tell me now that they won't honor their warranty on the power supply that I think is now dead. I'm not totally sure as they won't tell me what is wrong. But when I press test buttons the meter does not move and theres a red light on the power supply. So my best guess is thats what it is.They told me that if I didn't remove the 1 star rating I gave them after they screwed me on a tube that they would no longer honor their warranty or give me any help with this laser. I didn't tell anyone this but when I took the machine in last time for the tube that didn't work after 100 hrs ,they forced me to sign some agreement saying I wouldn't tell anyone how they were to deal with or they would sue me for $5000.They told me if I didn't sign it they wouldn't fix the laser that I just bought 4 mo. earlier and drove 300 miles because they said bring it in they would fix it for free. Then after they put the tube in told me I had to pay $200 bucks. So what am I to do if I refuse they have my 2350$ laser and I can't get it out till I pay and sign a stupid contact.
    So here I sit again with a broken laser and noway to get it fixed. Seems theres a great job opportunity out there for laser repair. If anyone can help with getting this thing going again with out it costing me an arm leg and my first born contact me. Im in AZ so someone in AZ would be nice.

Wow, very sorry to hear about your experience! It seems you're not alone with your dealings with FS. More reason NOT to buy from them. I'm not a lawyer, but there are legalities to warranties. If they offer a written warranty, then by law, they MUST follow the "Warranty Act" (assuming the laser is a "consumer good" and not commercial... could be a loophole there).

Uh, they'd sue you for giving an honest 1 star rating? Sorry to hear about your troubles, but people really should stay faaaaaarrrrr away from companies that shoddy. In fact I'd be trying to sue them for being so shoddy if the same thing happened to me. Absolutely terrible business practice, these guys shouldn't be in the business. I don't think I've seen 1 good thing about them in this forum that wasn't then followed by a list of bad things.
    Build logs and other projects of mine: http://nqlasers.com/

Thank you for the heads up. I will never buy anything from them.

Yup, Full Spectrum Engineering are a bunch of asshats to deal with.

I had to threaten to post footage of me shooting my 4th Gen Deluxe Hobby Laser with a 12 gauge on YouTube, before they relented and sent me the parts for my faulty machines(s).

But of course, according to Henry Liu, I am a liar, cheat and a thief.
    I don't however, sell a crap product and do not honour warranties, like he and his company does.

If FSE was an Australian company, or the Hobby Laser was sold commercially here in Australia, I would not hesitate to have it decaired a lemon under our Lemon Laws, and have all their product recalled and banned from importation.

It would be a shame if FSE stepped up to the plate and showed the community what good guys they are and actually FIX THEIR FAULTY PRODUCTS WITHOUT QUESTION.

But you will never do that, will you Henry Liu?

Taking $600 Chinese lasers and flogging them off for over 4x the price with a few minor additions says it all to me. You're gonna need some bloody fantastic customer support to make paying 4x the price even a consideration for most people, and clearly FSE is lacking there.
    Build logs and other projects of mine: http://nqlasers.com/

I'm with Bec and Dan, here in the UK actions like that would see a company owner go to JAIL.

We have the Sale Of Goods Act, The Unfair Contracts Act, Rule Of Tort, Fraud,Deception, and a whole host of other acts and laws that protect consumers.

What it will do eventually is damage the reputation of G.Weike as well, the actions of a reseller eventually discredit and brings dishonour to their suppliers for not acting.

If one of my own distributors acted in such a way I would cut them off THE SAME DAY.

BigBird, I have a feeling the insignificant FSE would have little luck in trying to remove your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to freedom of speech no matter what the contract says.

cheers

Dave

Will that work? I have you tube and a 12 gauge shot gun.

That stupid agreement they had me sign is a worthless piece of paper, I know it and they know it. They think that nobody but them knows anything. If I was worried about that I sure wouldn't be telling about it here or the dozen other forums I posted on. I'm still looking for place's to post my story. if anyone know a good place to post reviews let me know.

Ya, the BBB and the county's district attorney. All dealers must follow any written warranty, period. It's up to them to prove miss use or abuse.

My problem with the warranty is they require you to send in the defective part(power Supply) and they decide if its bad or not. I don't trust them to send me a new PS beside they already said they would not honor their warranty because I gave them a bad review. So even tho the law is on my side I don't trust them to follow the law. They would probaly lie about the power supply or keep the one I send them and not send anything back. Or send back the same unit and tell me its my fault it doesn't work. They have tried that on me already blaming me for things they did. Sowhats a guy to do LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Sowhats a guy to do LOL
    Posting here and anywhere else you can find that is appropriate is what you should do. Just what you are doing. Someone with experience will read it and let you know how to get legal satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    Will that work? I have you tube and a 12 gauge shot gun.
    It would certainly get rid of the problem laser! Finish off the job with thermite.

I am tempted to start a Face Book ant-FSE PAGE. Google would pick it up and it would be top of the page quickly......

Of course, FSE and Henry Liu could man up, and fix their mistakes and poor product.

Even though I'm American I don't know a lot about US law, the one thing I do know though is if an act has happened across a state line (the machine is an import) things get serious real quick!

best wishes

Dave

Hurricane21 Guest
    Bird,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I wish there was an effective way to let the world know how bad FS service and support are. While I can not fix their garbage I will be happy to offer a $2500 discount to you or anyone that would like to trade in their FS laser for a Hurricane Laser.

Just give us a call and mention the FS Laser deal or shoot us an email.

Thank you.

John

John (Hurricane21).

You have helped a lot of people on this forum and have extended a generous offer. I am in no way trying to be mean or rude or anything like that, nor am I an attorney or affiliated with any law profession whatsoever. However as an owner of a company if you had used your above remarks " fix their garbage" in context with anything relating to me or my company we might be having a problem. Just a personal observation, but you might want to rethink that part of your post and edit it out.. (Just my opinon) Just trying to keep anybody from getting into trouble on a public forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tejaswood View Post
    John (Hurricane21).

You have helped a lot of people on this forum and have extended a generous offer. I am in no way trying to be mean or rude or anything like that, nor am I an attorney or affiliated with any law profession whatsoever. However as an owner of a company if you had used your above remarks " fix their garbage" in context with anything relating to me or my company we might be having a problem. Just a personal observation, but you might want to rethink that part of your post and edit it out.. (Just my opinon) Just trying to keep anybody from getting into trouble on a public forum...
    But if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quake like a duck most likely it is a duck. If the laser won't work and they won't fix it it is garbage something you would dispose of

The TWO Deluxe Hobby Lasers I recieved from Full Spectrum Engineering did not work. One not at all, and the other one aftermonths of swapping and replacing parts from the first one and sent new from FSE.

Their stuff is garbage, their customer support if anthing goes wrong is pathetic.

Teja,

I remember one of the fine Apollo astronauts referring to a well known conspiracy theorist as a "kook" publicly, the Kook sued and had the astronauts option upheld by the court as well as having to pay out a fair amount in damages (which the nations finest donated to a charity I might add)

Law suits can go both ways and many small companies may well throw out the "threat" of legal action but rarely follow through as they have neither the financial backing or facts on their side.

best wishes

Dave

Dave,

Ahhh yes.. You are very correct sir....

Didn't mean to stir up any worms here, I just wanted to point out that you should be careful what you say on a public forum. Especially if you are in competition with that company... Just trying to be helpful is all...

I do have to say though, I agree with Bec Weir... I am sure I would pretty much say the same thing if I had the problems that he has had with them and their equipment.

Bec,, always wanted to vacation in Australia... send me a plane ticket and I'll come out and help you with your machine... :cheers:

Page 1 of 4 123