584,837 active members*
5,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MCV-OP Leadwell????

I have a chance to buy a Leadwell MCV-OP with a Mitsubishi control. I need a machine to do 3d milling on 7075 / rigid tapping. The machine is not under power currently. I believe it has been stored for the last 3 or 4 years, maybe more. Does anyone have experience with this machine? Are all the parts still easily obtainable? How about comments on the control? Are there any good quick tests to perform on an unpowered machine to determine its condition? All comments will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian

We have one. I quite like it - its surprising some of the features it has for such an old machine. The major problem we have with it is the memory size is so small, so you cant fit any kind of large program. However, we drip feed it from a serial cable and after a few hiccups we got it working smoothly. We've never had a problem with ours nor has the preivous owner so I dont know much about parts, other than they are available.

I'm not sure what tests you could do with the machine unpowered, other than you could do a close visual inspection.

Do you mind if I ask what price range the machine is in? I am curious how we did on ours

Mcv-op

I hope to get it for around $7000 but the shipping from the East cost + rigging will surely add $1000++