585,752 active members*
4,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Charter Oak Automation

So it appears the IHCNC has new owners and a new name. I spoke to a gentleman named Tony (that has Tommy's old cell number) and he indicated that they are taking over the business and moving it to Hartford, CT.

Hmm.. That's interesting! I guess there's zero chance I'll get a table from Tommy now

(To clarify, I haven't bought anything, he just offered me a good deal on a spare IH table, but never got around to actually selling it to me :/)

Hey Guys .. Yes IH is gone as you know it .... The new company is Charter Oak Automation and they have moved everything to Hartford. They rent is a very small shop which is shared with some small companies.. The official take over took place back in January 2013 so it has been two months now they have had everything in their hands that IH had... Including phone , email, web pages, all equipment, inventory existing backlog of undelivered machines and parts. I was told they made it mandatory for Tommy to give them all existing undelivered orders and they assume responsibility for the delivery from the January 2013 take over date.. I guess that is why Tommy just like vanished ... It was at the demand from new owners.. I guess if your not getting your stuff you ordered contact the new owners at Tommy's old phone number or the web page.. The new owners have sole possession and access to those accounts I was told dated back in January 2013.. After more than 2 months the new owners should be flat out pushing existing backlog of sold machines out the door... It does not take long to set up all what Tommy had to build these mills, 2 weeks tops at most. I would say a week but gave them the benefit of a doubt. Well let us see what happens with the new guys... Cheers

I traded emails with Tony, and they are diligently working on getting things squared. My interaction does not involve a backlogged machine so I have nothing to add. You can expect there will be a formal announcement on the IH page soon.

Hello everyone. My name is Paul, I'm the Operations Manager at Charter Oak Automation. We are in the final stages of setting up our new production facility in New Haven, CT. We have taken over the responsibilty of manufacturing the "Turnkey CNC" from IH. Our number one priority at the moment is to fulfill all outstanding orders. We are doing our best to contact everyone based on the records we have and with some help from Tommy. We are planning on making a formal announcement on the IH website in the near future with all of our contact information included. In the meantime please feel free to contact us at the IH phone number or through email at [email protected].

Hi Paul and welcome to IH's forum. Hate to hear that Tommy couldn't make IH work out, but glad to hear the brand will continue. I hope great things are in store for you and your new adventure and am looking forward to reading of some success in the market. The mills are a good product.

Good luck
    Bob

Congrats on the purchase! I suspect you'll find many potential customers here, including those of us who already own a IHCNC rig or who had purchasing trouble in the past who are simply looking for replacement parts, copies of install instructions, etc.

I have a few pics of the new shop and some of the equipment, It looks like Tony has the ball rolling for my order from 10/12 to finally get out the door.
    Looking forward to new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.Automation View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Paul, I'm the Operations Manager at Charter Oak Automation.
    Hi Paul. Welcome to CNC Zone. Nice to see IH is up and running once again..... JR
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)