585,727 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Looking for a vf2 or smaller.

Looking for a vf2 or smaller.

Hey guys getting closer to purchasing a haas. I currently run 5 of them at my full time job. Looking for a small one to put ion the shop at home. Im just seeing what is out there and would like it to still be under power. The options Id like but arent a deal breaker: tool changer, jog handle, usb, rigid tapping, and programmable coolant. I have got quotes from haas. Just seeing what is out there. thanks

Do you run any "2's" right now? Just asking because the ones I ran only one had the remote jog handle and I only used it on rare occasions...and even then probably didn't really need it. However, these were the old jog handles and the new ones are way more useful even on the small machine I would imagine.

AFAIK all VF2's have a tool changer.

You are smart to keep it simple though as far as options. When you option out a Haas it quickly becomes as expensive as the competition (which imo are far superior machines). Unless you can find a screamin' deal on a loaded used one you are doing the right thing by going basic. Unfortunately for you, since you are buying used, Haas keeps it's value incredibly well....so good luck on the hunt. I assume you've called the usual "Used Haas Brokers"....
    Tim

I run a vf2, 3 vf3, and a vf0. I love the jog handle and use them quite a bit. Tool changer reference was refering to a mini mill. Im open to several sizes of machines. We build pulling tractor parts at home on a manual mill. We dont mass produce just need to free myself up so frames can be built. Like you said. Im looking for a deal. Like everyone else.