585,763 active members*
4,095 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 5 Hp 3 Phase

Page 2 of 3 123

Apology for double post 16 & 18

Sorry for the double post guys. when I looked this morning I did not see post 16, so I rewrote it..but guess it was there , only on the next page !

A quick question for hurcojohn, besides 'Welcome'
    I just got an old version (1.3) of PCMax program ,complete with donagal (?).
    but it does not work withmy old pc (DOS 6.0)
    I can up/down load programs, but no program creation as the screen is jumbled
    Was told my video driver needs Mode 12 ?? 8 X14 pixel
    can you explain this?
    I have tried to load other drivers, but no luck as I don't know what I am doing

Servo Wizard.
    when I was working, our engineers put a huge VFD on the main drives, and fed a smaller VFD for a cooling fan from it.
    The small unit kept blowing out, and I was told by a EE, that you do not put VFD's in series. Once split off, the problem disappeared .

hurco pcmax 1.3

need to get ahold of the newest version of pcmax available (version 1.72), and when executing "pcmax.exe", change the run command to "pcmax.exe /q" ...let me know if you need assistance obtaining a copy of version 1.72...regards...john

John where do I get pcmax.exe at.

kmb1 single phase

drill...i think the message about pcmax.exe was sent to you in error...the wiring issue on the spindle motor should not be a big deal...there should be three heavier gauge wires for the spindle motor, and three coming from the machine side (ultimately the output wires from the parajust drive), they connect together (one from machine to one from motor, same for the remaining wires)...as for the single phase, do you have any wiring diagrams???...you will have to figure out if you have flood coolant, and disconnect the flood motor, then you will have to figure out the third wire that ultimately goes to the flood contactor and NOT connect your incoming power line to that wire, but the other two only...let me know if you have prints before you do anything...do you have a voltmeter?...you do not need pcmax.exe, that was meant for someone else...sorry...john

John, I do not have any diagrams and yes I do have flood coolant and no I will not be needing it. As for the wiring there were 6 wires that I rewired and yes only 3 go to the motor not sure about the others I just hope I get it write so there are no sparks or smoke when I do throw the switch.

i really need some prints to help you...hang tight if you can, i will try to get my hands on some asap...john

Hey that would be great!!

drill...still scrounging for prints...did you figure your spindle wiring out?...john

no but I talked to a guy in Florida and that out of the 6 wires from the motor 3 are big and the other a bit smaller. the 3 that are bigger I should match those up with the wires that feed back through to the electrical cabinet and should be on the upper left hand side T1 T2 T3. hope thats right I plan on wiring up my converter tonight after work. One more thing the transformer in the back center is that a step up from 208v to 230v. Is there any way to find out or to test.

sounds like you are on your way, if you have a volt-ohm meter, you can ring the wires out, but yes, i believe the three big wires go to the spindle drive(motor), the smaller three are a question mark...where do they go...to the motor as well?...there should be three smaller gauge wires to match up to them coming from the cabinet...sounds like you are sticking with the convertor...the transformer should have a label\chart available on its cover...

John, well I got it fired last night and when it asked for the master I loaded it and it
    said error1. I flipped tape over and it ran all the way but when it stopped it did not bring up the language sceen it just sat on load master. Almost forgot when I did fire it up the first time the monitor did not work so I spent the time and rewired it now its alot better. It had three bad wires.

drill...error 1 means the cnc cannot read the tape...try cleaning the tape reader head with alcohol\qtip...try different master...does "load master" seem stable on crt, or is the display jittery???...possible problems: bad master, bad tape reader (likely), high ac ripple on power supply (crt jittery), might need to go to tape emulator setup (pc\cable\software setup) to load tapes...good for you on powering it up...john

John, the sreen is not jittery very clear. I think its the tape reader. There is a emulator
    card with a nine pin connector on the machine. I have downloaded the rs232.exe and the disk 1-3 and ncupdn files from amtsins.com but not sure how to use it, I see on the rs232 when I am in dos I see is has a master tape is that what I would use not even sure if that will work cant see any company name on card.

do you have the proper cable connected between the cnc and a pc with the rs232 software on it (interface cable)?if so, connect cable between the cnc and your pc, run rs232.exe, and see if you can load master using emulator...john

Yes I have a 9-pin cable is that all I do is run that r2232.exe and when that screen come on in dos the I hit the button that says master tape on it and it might work.

must be the correct pinout cable, the correct port on your pc, and the correct port on the cnc, then yes, on pc run rs232, mastertapes,select master tape, then on cnc push master clear...if you get interface not ready, you have a cable or port problem.

John, Yeah I got that nterface not ready. How do I setup the port and how do I know what is the right cable.

did the cable come with the machine, or did you get one at a supply house (the pinout is specific)...make sure you are using the correct serial port on your pc, com1 or com2, i think the rs232 program has a choice of which com port (on pc)also in the communications page...john

no the cable is not from the machine I got two different ones from work. I am using the port IOIO the only 9 pin on my computer the rs232 program has 4 different ports to
    choose from and it also has a thing to change 100db 250db and L2 not sure which one I need to have.

drill...not sure which emulator board you have, but typical cable pinout is as below (assume both ports are 9-pin)...also, on your pc i would try port one first, then port two as serial com port in communications page...john

9-Pin to 9-Pin

2 ----------3
    3 ----------2
    5 ----------5

Page 2 of 3 123