585,754 active members*
3,799 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > jerkiness and tool change issues 8055i with Bob-Cam V3 (repost from the fagor thread

jerkiness and tool change issues 8055i with Bob-Cam V3 (repost from the fagor thread

I have been having some issues with our 8055i fagor controller. I am using Bob-Cam softwareV3 for solidworks2013.

any time I try and run my 3D toolpath for my part it herks and jerks the whole way through no matter how high i have my feed set. I spoke to someone at fagor and they mentioned enabling G51 he said he would e-mail me some info on how to do that but he must of forgot :/

My other issue is going to a second tool in my program. on the controller i'll set up my T1 D1, the T2 D2 X and Y and the same the only difference is Z I'll go through by hand and make sure it all lines up but when I run in auto T2 seems to take the Z value from T1 still. for some history I found That I have to set my work offset the same as my origin other wise I get an over travel error. last night I found if i give T2 is own work offset even though the numbers are exactly the same on the screen for some reason, it seemed to work. but there must be a better way.

and lastly if any one out there has some sample working G code for a fagor 8055i with and manual tool change they'd be willing to send me, the folks at Bob-cad won't help me with there post program unless i can give them some :[.

Thank you for any and all of your help i'm still pretty green when it come to this stuff but i'm getting there

It sounds like Fagor is sending you working code for the machine. That should be plenty for the post department to build you a post processor, as long as it has canned cycles and format laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by kylerxiii View Post
    any time I try and run my 3D toolpath for my part it herks and jerks the whole way through no matter how high i have my feed set. I spoke to someone at fagor and they mentioned enabling G51 he said he would e-mail me some info on how to do that but he must of forgot :/
    a lot of 3d code is short point to point moves , jerkiness is common on machines that don't have a decent look ahead or a high speed machining option . Jerkiness can also increase as the feed rate is raised because the machine control is now more or less not keeping up to the code at an even quicker rate . If you run it at a slower rate that the control can keep up to then it should smooth out some . For roughing I'd suggest opening up the machining tolerance in order to reduce your codes and use arc fit when possible
    Chances are that the g51 code your rep referred to is a look ahead command which should help in smoothing out the code but probably won't fully cure the issue if hsm isn't an option . Fagor is one of the few controllers that I haven't worked with so I'm just speculating as to fagor's g51 (though I'm sure I'm right) . Google is a great tool and I'm sure that you can find more info in five minutes than what he'll be sending you
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Add this line at the start of your program to enable look-ahead.
    G51 E0.0001

Re T1 D1, and T2 D2. Try pressing RESET after entering the Z offset.

It's been very difficult trying to get some sample working g-code so I don't hold hope of that happening unfortunately Sean:/

I was here very late last night on the phone with a man from fagor which told be to do what Kiwi suggested.

dertsap: I really can't open up the tolerance to much more because then i start to gouge and nick my part. I'm only machining delrin so i want to fly through it

thank you for all you suggestions. I won't be able to try anything till the guys in the tool room are done for the day. 10 hours to go!

Proud owner of a 8055i and I am up to Rev 4 on the post Bobcad supplied as passed by Fagor and I am having the "Jerking" problem myself how has it worked out with you, perhaps we can help each other with a swap of info.