585,938 active members*
3,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak 630-5X Pallet changer fault

We have a Mazak 630-5X which was interrupted during a pallet change operation then powered down without resolving the hang up. Now the machine has been manually returned to it's home positions and all parts of the pallet change process returned to their resting state but now the machine won't allow any operation as i am led to believe, that these controls have latching circuits that remember what the machine was doing when it faulted and wants to complete this procedure. Is there any way of clearing this from the controls memory?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Very likely that you have a data address on you plc that changes when you make your pallet change, so likely just a bit to change from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0, you got to look it up on your manual (it should also be obvious on your ladder, if you know how to read it).

Cheers.

No alarms? or messages?

Also, double check your APC maintenance pages to be sure all the correct positions are lit for the changer .... (otherwise, may have to do what the person above mentions)
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

We have an H630 with a 6X pallet changer. I am familiar with what you are describing. If the pallet change cycle doesn't complete, the machine will not automatically pallet change on and off the setup station. The only way I have found to correct this is to physically put the machine back into the condition that it was in when the error occurred, and finish the cycle manually. The pallet changer can be operated in manual. I hope this answers your question. As far as the ladder goes, I am unfamiliar with this side of the control.