585,712 active members*
4,489 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: meldas

meldas

try to start meldas 320
    after reinitialization the mc161-1 module display shows a screen with name of machine only
    I want clear the memory, according to instruction, but softkeys don't operate
    I suspect that there is another way to clear the memory, because, for instace, there are 8 did switches, and I used only three of them (1, 3, 5)
    other words the cnc got hang up

problem solved
    the matter was in macro cassette

By cassette do you mean the MC841 eprom cartridge or what? Do you have any more info on the MC161-1 dip switches? I'm fighting a dead FCA320 HLX-V controller on a Traub lathe - it is basically a 320V controller . So trying to glean any information at a technical level. I have the maintenance manual but it is rather sketchy on technical facts! Trouble is I have no picture at all on the screen
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

yes, you are right this is MC841, but there are two these modules. and as I know already now: one of them - is the program for control gear, and another - is macro cassete
    the procedure with dip switches is described here
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mazak_...arameters.html
    and how to change language - here
    http://forum.thecncforum.com/Meldas/Meldas_300_series

Guhl, thanks for your response.

Yes mine only has the one MC841, which I understood held the PLC ladder information. There are two MC431 (Mem-A0 /Mem-A1) cards which I understood held the program that gives the controller its basic functions. And the battery backed RAM card (MC465A) I believe holds the user parameters, with the CNC code being held on the RAM card that sits on the MC161C-1 CPU card (MC853A).

Going through the switch routine in those posts sadly doesn't alter the blank screen symptoms.
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

have you got the two green leds blinking

No, on the MC161C-1 the two green lights are solid on all the time, all the red lights are on except for the watchdog, which is off. When I reset the CPU the red led on the MC712 i/o processor card blinks once but nothing else happens. I suspect my MC161C-1 is dead. I have another one coming from the US which is in customs as I type, but it is from a Mazak not a Traub - I hope the on board eprom is the same, though I suppose I can swap them over if not. I know it is fitted with the smaller CNC memory (MC852A rather than MC853A) which I will eventually have to change over, but as an elimination test it should be ok I'm hoping!
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

when you set 1,3 and 5th switch, was any reaction of board after power it on?
    there is wrote switches 1 and 3 through the one link, but the correct set is 1,3,5

No I've tried both 1&3, and also 1,3,5 and get no response to either. This is what is leading me to think the 161 is a dead dodo! Are the LEDs active 'on' or active 'off' ?

Trouble is this system was dead when I got it, and someone else had been poking around so it isn't necessarily only one thing that is faulty.

I do appreciate your help - many thanks
    Andrew Mawson
    East Sussex, UK

Re: meldas

can you better explain the fix? i have the same issue. macro cassette?

The MC841 is likely not your problem. That has the PLC ladder created by your machine integration written into an EPROM memory chip. There really isn't anything to "initialize" there, per se. However, the control memory (which is *NOT* in the MC841) can become corrupted in some different scenarios (such as if the machine has been off for a long time and the batteries are depleted). The steps to reinitialize the RAM should be covered in your manual, but fundamentally it is just 1, 3, 5 turned on. Turn the power on for a 30 seconds, Turn the power off, and set 1 and 3 on. Turn the power on for 30 seconds, and turn it off again. And, finally, turn all the switches OFF and then turn the power on.

After this you should see the normal Mitsubishi screen. HOWEVER, this process will require that you reload your parameters and any required macros (such as the tool changer macro). I think if you just turn on 1 and 3, then you might get away with not having to reload your parameters, but I am not certain of that off the top of my head. If you do NOT have any parameters saved (tut, tut... you should ALWAYS have a backup!) then I would not suggest reformatting your RAM right now. You'll permanently lose your params

Is this a Mitsubishi control or is it a Mazak? Mazak is a different beast even though it uses the same boards.

Hello. Help me. I need a manual for the control MELDAS 635. Do you have it, or know where to find it?

Is my 161B faulty? this is a 325LGV on mitsu lathe.
    It did a hard stop. A reboot came up with these errors>
    Z56 FIX_P
    Z54 DIO 5V DOWN 0003
    Z70 ABS
    Y02 SYSTEM ALARM 0060 79F6

Subsequent reboot black screen(not blue) and no green blinky leds on MC161
    Tried the 1 3 / 1 3 5 reload sequence but no luck

Based on the Z54 5V DOWN 0003 I swapped out the MC724-1 video
    and now have blue screen but MC161 is still all red.

I do note the when I do SW 1-3 BOTH green leds on 161 will come on steady.
    I thought the top led was only supposed to be lit.

Any suggestions or input welcomed.

EDIT: Pulled the two 301 cards then tried sw 1-3 reload and on restart got green leds
    and screen. Did another power cycle and mc161 failed to boot. Hate to spend a
    grand on a MC161 if its not actually the issue.

BTW: This has the extra 881 math chip. I notice lots of MC161 do not.
    Last edited by Seven30; 08-11-2023 at 07:42 PM.