Hey all,
I have probably been a member for quite a while and although I have never really posted I have watched and read peoples threads about building cnc routers and since then I have always wanted to build one. I have to say it's tough to come up with extra money these days but I figured if I didn't start I never would. I downloaded Mike's free book KRONOS KRM01 and read that twenty times just to get an idea of where to start. If I had the money I would buy all of his books but until tax time I will just have to wait. So a friend of mine had some 8020 4590x36 & 4590 x 24 kicking around and he gave me what he had and some fastners to help me get rolling. It's kind of tough though because I wanted to build it out of fractional material not metric but what can I do with an offer of some free extrusion to help me get started? Not turn it down, that's for sure. Unfortunately I had already buying some fractional pieces, 1530 x 36 (2 ea.) and 1530 x 48 (1 ea.) but no fasteners. So, I have a frame started out of the metric stuff, just the bottom supports and the "Y" axis.
I've also started writing to Ahern @ CNC RouterParts with questions on electrical stuff so as I get to that point I will hopefully have the knowledge to make it work. So here's some pictures of where I'm at now and hopefully I'll be able to add to it in a month or so. Any thoughts or input (*as usual) is always appreciated.
Thanks
Pat
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8010.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	179898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8011.JPG 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	179899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8012.JPG 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	179900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8013.JPG 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	179901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8014.JPG 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	179902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8015.JPG 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	179903