From what I have read about this board it runs two comparitors. Mach3 gives the instruction to move the axis to a new position and the interface board waits for the encoder to display the position of the axis. So there is another screen running on actual location of axis. You can set the error allowed tollerance in steps.

I am trying to get this board to work on my converted TOS FN20 as I use the mill from time to time in manual mode and my y and z are in inches but the X has a new ball Screw that is metric, so the dial scales are not of much use.

My mill has the Gecko 320X drives that do have an error hault, but only the offending axis is haulted which means I loose the part I am machining.

This issue I have now is that I cannot seem to get the board to communicate with my computer. Mach3 Using the LPT port seems to accept the Com1 address and has worked that way since I did the conversion. It is the second port that is on a StarTeck 2nd LPT port that I am having trouble finding the correct address.

Also I may have an issue with the AMT encoders, the X signal which I think is the Ground to the encoder interface needs to be connected to this board rather than the Gecko Drive.

If there is anyone using this board that I can bounce a few questions off, please chime in. I can use a hand.

I have spoken with Ron from Romaxx and he feels this is address issue for the 2nd parellel port or and encoder issue.

Also I purchased the board used from someone that has never had it up and running. I am temped to just by another new board to rule out a faulty board problem as I don't know of a way to test the board if it is functioning correctly.

Ark1.