585,670 active members*
4,122 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MATSUURA 1985

HOW CAN I MANUALLY PROGRAM A 1985 MATSUURA CONTROL YASNAC AND HOW CAN I SAVE IT TO ITS MEMORY? AND ALSO WHY DOES IT LOSE ITS ZERO POSITION ON X AND Y AXIS? PLEASE HELP!

I recently purchased a 1989 Matsuuura MC510V, and I am still trying to figure things out myself, but i know that to enter and save a new program you go to the program page then hit o (not zero), followed by the program number of your choice then hit write, this will take you to the start of your new program. The X-Y location issue i haven't quite figured out either but it is good to know that it is not an issue with my machine only so there must be an explanation. I am trying to figure out how to set the work-shift zero locations in G54. That will not repeat either. Maybe we can both get some help here, Good luck

What model yasnac do you have? To manually input a program in X series controls,in edit mode type O6541(example number,pik one) then hit write.From here on type your line,eob key ,then then insert.Do the same for all subsequent blocks. Before you can use G54-59 offsets ,they have to be enabled in the parameters.I dont remember which bit it is off hand.To store the offsets ,in mdi, type G10 Q2 P1 x(your number) y(your number),write key,cycle start. G10 is programmable data input,Q2 sets fixture offsets and P is the offset number.The actual offset numbers are stored in the setting numbers,6500 series parameters.
    When you first start the machine you have to reference all the axis's then type x ,hit the origin key.Do the same for all remaining axis's.I suspect you are not origining the axis after reference.The machine should not ever lose position, you will get a MAJOR alarm if it does. The Yasnac is far easier to operate then the fanuc of that era and generally more reliable.The programming manuals are available at Yaskawa's website. They are not cheap to fix and spares are getting scarce. Before you call matsurra for parts,do some research,alot of the wear parts can can be found for much less and many substituted with alternatives.