585,748 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: GWEIKE LG500

Question GWEIKE LG500

Hi Guys I have been a long lime lurker here but am seriously thinking about purchasing an LG500 laser engraver from GWEIKI. any suggestions on accessories to get? I have all ready seen auto focus is not worth the investment what about any of the others? Any advice on shipping or shippers to use in the states? I am looking at an 80 w tube to engrave and cut up to 19mm cast acrylic any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Hi ,
    Usally most customer will choose red dot ,motorised up&down ,rotary for cylinder , and most important is spare laser tube and laser power ,lens,mirrors

Any others feel free to ask me

Best Regards
    Lucy Lee
    G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlybear View Post
    Hi Guys I have been a long lime lurker here but am seriously thinking about purchasing an LG500 laser engraver from GWEIKI. any suggestions on accessories to get? iIhave all ready seen auto focus is not worth the investment what about any of the others? Any advice on shipping or shippers to use in the states? I am looking at an 80 w tube to engrave and cut up to 19mm cast acrylic any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Hi there ,

Cut up to 9mm thickness acrylic .The speed should set very slow and it is a little hard for a 80W tube . 100W or more power tube will be better then .For engraving , 150W tube is not recommended as it is good at cutting .

Best regards ,
    XYZ Machinery

Hi Guys I am really looking for advice from people that have purchased a laser and not ones that are selling

19mm is too thick for a 80W laser IMHO. You will probably have to do it in 2 passes and re-focus between passes. Genrally lasers are not suitable for thick materials.

Thanks for the input how thick of Acrylic will the 80 W cut 12 mm

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlybear View Post
    Thanks for the input how thick of Acrylic will the 80 W cut 12 mm
    Hi Grizzlybear,

150W laser tube is mainly used for cutting and it can cut thickness of 12mm acrylic ; 100W laser tube can also cut but not powerful as 150W , and it has a engrave function with 100W .

Best regards,
    XYZ Machinery

Hurricane21 Guest
    Grizzlybear,

Although I sell laser I thought I would help answer your questions. We cut 1" acrylic letters with our 130W RECI tube in a single pass. We also have lenses and mirrors from Meller Optics here in the states which I believe helps the quality of our cuts, especially on thicker materials. With an 80W tube I would recommend a maximum 1/2 inch acrylic. This assumes that the tube etc are all working at their maximum. Please let me know if I can help in any other way. Office number is 855-552-7377 9am-6PM PST M-F.

John

Grizzlybear-

Did you end up with the LG500? If not, which did you go with?

GrizzlyBear you asked questions about the LG500 from Gweki and then you complain when the gweiki girls give you some advice. Don't you think the best people to give you advice about the machine are the people that sell them. You said your pretty sure thats the machine you want so their not high pressuring you to buy, they were just answering your questions. Not like another vendor saying hey are machines do this and heres my number call us.
    As far as engraving goes most people will tell you to try to stay between 25 and 80 watts for engraving. If you need more power for cutting then your engraving will suffer. Thats what I read anyway.

hi,here is my suggestion , normally w2 80w reci laser tube max cutting thickness is 12mm acrylic ,if there is a little acrylic materials reach 12mm ,and more acrylic thickness under 10mm , 80w reci is economic solution , other way , lots of materials about 11mm,12mm ,13mm , so w4 100w reci laser tube with faster engraving cutting speed , better solution for your project .for reci laser tube , life time is 8000-10000 hours , and easy fragile when transport only , so more people will choose another one for spare choose .
    more suggestion , contact me , my mail [email protected]
    regards

One problem with a spare tube is that they have a warranty that starts the day they are made so if your first tube lasts 1 year and goes out your spare is out of warranty and may also be bad from leaking.

GweikeLG500

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    One problem with a spare tube is that they have a warranty that starts the day they are made so if your first tube lasts 1 year and goes out your spare is out of warranty and may also be bad from leaking.
    Yes, the spare laser tube is out of warranty that is not good. I met one customer that bought 1 laser tube spare. when he was going to use it, there is no power for the spare one. So don't waste money to buy spare one.

Anna

[email protected]