584,842 active members*
4,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Converting a Chinese CNC from NCStudio to Mach3

Has anyone got the pin-out spec for the 15pin NCStudio set up to enable me to reconfigure them to a Mach3 Parallel port set-up?

Will I have to change the processors in the CNC to enable Mach3 to work?

Hoping for some help.

Dennis Keeling

Hey Dennis;
    I did this same conversion a couple of years ago and rather than mess with the NC Studio, I just added a inexpensive Break out board and used the existing stepper drivers. I did have to add another power supply for the 5V and 12V input to the BOB I chose but it wasn't very expensive. One thing you should be aware of is if you want to control the spindle speed and direction, you need to make sure that feature is included.
    Hope this helps and good luck.
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

I am getting ready to do this same conversion with a J-Cut 4'x8' CNC Router. I didn't realize NC studio was so junky until I tried to cut with it. Can anybody point me to the right direction of a business that I could send my info of the machine to them and they can build me a package with all the drivers, break out board, Mach3 software and even artcam? That would be to easy to just pay one invoice and get the whole package coming to me.

you just need a breakout board if all axis drivers work and a copy of mach3 a c10 or a mb06 they are easy to rewire i have redone a machines using a mb06 it was very easy to do
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replaced the NC Studio breakout board and software for Mach3 software and a parallel breakout board from CNC4YOU : Breakout Board and PSU's.

They supplied complete instructions and both hardware, parallel cable and Mach3 software - great outfit.

best of luck

Dennis

I'm about to do the same thing. NCStudio is driving me insane and I haven't been able to cut a dammed thing yet due to issues with it. My computer is custom built so does not have a parallel port , do any of the breakout boards have USB ? Also I have a 3 axis machine now but am planning on getting the 4th soon so I would want that as an option.