585,764 active members*
4,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas HL2 turret unlock

Good Morning Guys

I have a 1998 Haas HL2 I recently purchased, and I keep getting a turret unlock F, fault code, Are the sensors hard wire ON/OFF switches so I can see if i have a bad switch or something else wrong?

On a machine that age they are microswitches; it is possible you have a switch hanging up. It is years since I had the covers off on my HL1 but I think the switche(s) you need to look at are inside and you have to remove the top plate behind the turret. Once you have the cover off you should be able to operate the switch by hand. On the diagnostics page somewhere I think you will find an entry for turret lock/unlock which should change between 1 and 0 when the switch is operated.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    On a machine that age they are microswitches; it is possible you have a switch hanging up. It is years since I had the covers off on my HL1 but I think the switche(s) you need to look at are inside and you have to remove the top plate behind the turret. Once you have the cover off you should be able to operate the switch by hand. On the diagnostics page somewhere I think you will find an entry for turret lock/unlock which should change between 1 and 0 when the switch is operated.
    What he said!