585,741 active members*
5,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC88-CNC88HS

Can anybody explain the difference between cnc88 and a cnc88hs ? Can the 88 be upgraded to the cnc88hs

Thanks

88HS is faster and has more options not only for programming but for memory. If you want to upgrade let me know we just took a 88HS board out of a Fadal with the software module and the correct keyboard interface.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

I have both, I like the 88HS much better, it has 422 expanded memory, It reacts to keyboard inputs faster and mine has ridged tapping (I dont know how I got along without RT all these years)

If you are shopping for a machine, look for a newer one with a 88HS, its a all around better control, but on the flip side, You may save quite a bit of $$$ going with the older model. They still are good controls easy to learn

Wayne

Anyone know how to get in touch with carbidecraters other than a PM? He must not be checking them. Thanks in advance!

Bryan

Sorry I thought my guys pulled the CPU out and replaced it in that machine they havent yet and the machine is still making chips. It may be the middle of this month before it gets a break. It is a 1400-4CPU with software module and a keyboard interface that will be up for grabs. Beyond that you should have a tech do the update as he will have to not your ballscrew pitch numbers and backlash numbers before taking out your old CPU and put them in the new CPU.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Thanks for posting! I'm interested in the upgrade. Just let me know when it's available - I'm in no big hurry.

Do you have any idea if I would have to replace any other boards? Also, although I know a tech would be a good idea, there is not one anywhere near me that I know of, so it would cost tons to fly one in. Think I could do this upgrade myself? I've done all of the maintenance on the machine myself so far since I picked it up a few years back. I'm assuming all the numbers would just swap over to the new CPU. Are there other things I would need to calibrate with a new CPU?

Thanks!
    Bryan

You want to check Fadal's compatibility chart. This will tell you if you have the right boards. You can download one of the user manuals that will have it in it from any online source.