584,837 active members*
5,526 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Uncategorised WoodWorking Machines > KRMx01 Homing Switch drawing files now available

KRMx01 Homing Switch drawing files now available

The drawing files for the KRMx01 homing switches are now included with the "Upgrading the KRMx02 CNC" book. This will allow you to make your own switch mounts using your CNC.
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com

Re: KRMx01 Homing Switch drawing files now available

I have been away from my machine build for some time now due to an illness. I am finally back in the game and have gotten my laser working and reviewed my files I have for the acrylic limit switch mounts and noticed I only have the X and Y. In the book there is a set mentioned for the U axis? Is this the same as the one for the Y? Also, does this go on the opposite rail on the right front or is this used for an end limit on the left rear?

Thanks for your time

Be more specific, Which book, Chapter and Step. Its possible I meant the A Axis, but I need to look it up.
    Author of: The KRMx01 CNC Books, The KRMx02 CNC Books, The KRmc01 CNC Milling Machine Books, and Building the HANS Electric Gear Clock. All available at www.kronosrobotics.com

Book 2. I was thinking the A axis, wasn't sure, but I too don't have the book in front of me. It is the chapter that covers the acrylic mounts for the limit switches. I tried going to the links in the book but the web pages no longer exist I am guessing, because that was fruitless...

Ha Ha! I know where I got U axis from! My laser engraver! LOL

There are four switches on the KRmx01,
    X, Y, Z, and A.

I would like to know where I reference a U switch so I can correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    There are four switches on the KRmx01,
    X, Y, Z, and A.

I would like to know where I reference a U switch so I can correct it.
    As I said I made a mistake with typing U axis, I was at my laser at the time and that’s where the U reference came from. Can you tell me if the A assembly is the same as the X or Y, (and I am aware the Z does not get an acrylic mount), or where I can acquire the cut file please? The link in this thread even , does not land on a page as described.

The A should be the same as the Y. I just tested the link (using chrome) and it worked fine. I sent you a PM with the link.

Quote Originally Posted by msimpson99 View Post
    The A should be the same as the Y. I just tested the link (using chrome) and it worked fine. I sent you a PM with the link.
    Thank you sir for all of your time and patience. I like to think , we all started out knowing nothing, and with the help of each other, we are all better for doing so. Your help and the sharing of your knowledge is much appreciated!