585,902 active members*
4,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Need Laser Cutting Machine info, URGENT!!

I am a college student at RIT and I am doing a project with a laser cutter. There are a few things i need to know and i was wondering if i could get some help. I need to know how much a laser cutter would cost that uses a combination of a laser and a lathe. it must hold square tubing. i also need to know machining costs and maintinance costs. the tube is aproximately 1x1.3" and is 1/8th inch thick tube. it is either steel or something simmilar. i am probably going to use oxygen as the assist gas as finish is not very important. any help would be appreciated

New? to cut steel tubing 1/8" thick?

$50,000.00

Hopefully you have a bigger budget in college than I did.

Uh, sounds serious.
    Dennis

do u collect all the information about it?
    if u did and u r going to start thats good
    and if u didnt then first of all collect maximum infomation for ur hobby project

Ravin

we hv a used laser cutting machine but it is not working and ervice engineers come twice a month but didnt sucessful in this

a laser cutter is not something to try and build without some reasonable experience with all-things lasers and motion and\or a huge budget.. I would think it would cost 15k, at least, to build anything close to usefull.. And that includes a great deal on a laser head..

I think you mean how much would it cost to get parts made? like.. 'How much would different quantity of... deorative round steel lamp (laser cut steel with flourescent tube inside) or whatever...

Clarify.
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info