584,805 active members*
4,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with Pin Out

Hello Folks, I've searched everywhere I can think of and couldn't find an answer. So, I'll give the forums a try I have these Tonman 2-phase drivers (model PD2064MA002) on my machine. I have tried to get info from the machine's manufacture, but, the won't release any info

I want to replace the stepper drives with Kelings digital drives, but, the pinout on the Tonman drives have me stumped. The only info I found were a couple of pics...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ps0a18fbca.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psb2db9397.jpg

I'm hoping someone can interpret from the pics, which pins are are the pulse, direction, etc., so that I can figure out how to connect my new drives to the machines BOB.

Thanks
    pete

Found this crappy translation but it helps.

http://www.imendit.com/item/57-86-st...853688035.html

Drive has 3 opto signal inputs, it can be either step/dir or CW/CCW control, Free is the enable signal.
    There are also 2 outputs for drive faults.

Pulled and edited the relevant text:

CW- CW+ Pulse signal input: Drive response to the rising edge of the pulse signal (internal optocoupler current to flow through) signal is high, the range of 4-5V, low 0-0.5V. For reliable response to the pulse signal, the pulse width should be greater than 2.5ms.

DR/CC- DR / CC+ Direction of the signal / reverse pulse input: Single pulse signal for the direction, in order to ensure motor reliable commutation, the direction of the signal should be the pulse signal is at least 5ms establish.

FREE- FREE+ (6 feet) Off-line signal input: When this signal is active, the drive to force cut off the motor current, the motor is in a free active when this signal is in an invalid state, the normal current of the driver output, the motor is locked.

TIM Pole E-pole Motor relative to the origin of the signal output: This signal output and TIM light synchronization, in some specific occasions for.

O. H Pole E-pole Protection action signal output: This output signal is synchronized with the O.H indicator. Use this signal when the drive protected action can notify the host computer drive is faulty.

Lucas, Thank you so much !!!!!! I'll give it a shot tonight
    pete

Re: Help with Pin Out

Hi Slowwitch, I have the same problem, I have a CNC router 4 axis with Tonman 2-phase drivers (model PD2064MA002), and I haven't been able to find any specification for the conexion with pin and dir, did you manage to make your CNC work?
    Can you send me the configuration? please, I need help

Thanks in advance, I know it has pass too much time

Re: Help with Pin Out

Quote Originally Posted by Braulio01 View Post
    Hi Slowwitch, I have the same problem, I have a CNC router 4 axis with Tonman 2-phase drivers (model PD2064MA002), and I haven't been able to find any specification for the conexion with pin and dir, did you manage to make your CNC work?
    Can you send me the configuration? please, I need help

Thanks in advance, I know it has pass too much time
    Hi, I never got those drivers to work. I wound up getting regular old steppers

pete
    pete