585,967 active members*
3,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Sneak preview of a new screen for Mach3

Here is a progresion capture of the screen.
    I expect it will be a few days b4 I reaease it for beta testing

Sorry, The file didnt up load.
    Another try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sample3.jpg  

Zero interest ?
    Am I on some dumb tangent and wasting my time?

Looks good!

I noticed you can't read the Z coordinates in the gcode section. Perhaps smaller text or a horizontal scroll bar would be in order.

Regards,
    Chris

I do not have Mach yet, am collecting parts to build. The screen shot is great I like the way you have grouped things together. Very atractive piece. Ever thought of a "jog pad". Just thought that it could include temp jog speed settings that could only activate when using the "jog pad". Thanks for the great work!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb
    Zero interest ?
    I am interested, keep up the GREAT work! :cheers:

I love it great job how would I go about getting it when you release it?

Ah Benny,

Nice work there matie, is that a slight mahogony finish to the facia?
    I like it way better than the standard interface.
    I also love the "All go to zero" button. I use this heaps.

Maybe, if the start/stop buttons for the code run were next to each other, my mouse kind of sticks with the wood dust and you never know when you need to move it from go to Whoa real quick.

Question, whats the offline button?

/Mikie

I like it. the one thing i wish the standard screen would have is a larger tool path, I know it is limited because of the other things that need to be shown, but running in tool path mode limits the jog movement also.

Chris, you are correct, the g-code display is too narrow. I will put an enlarge buoot on it to bring you a bigger version.
    James, it does have a jog screen in it, its not seen in this picture though.
    Truman, I will make sure you know where to get it from. Promise
    Mikie, Thats a good suggestion about the run/stop buttons I will change this. Offline will allow you to run gcode without running the machine.
    Joe, I will put a new page in it with bigger tool path as well as full jog features all together. I know what you mean.

I started the screen project as a small job, but it is evolving into a full on thing. I am really hoping it will be am every thing to every man tool once it is finished.

Thanks for the comments and feedback

Zero interest ?
    Hi Benny,

For me it has not been a matter of interest but time. I am getting on the net about 3-4 time a day and trying to spend less time per visit. I personally think you have been a great influence on the Mach controllers and especially the graphics.

I have not even set Mach3 up fully functional on my machine yet. I have started the config but have not finished it. Once done I will definately be interested in one of your screens. It will have to be tweaked to my own needs of course, but that is to be expected by most everyone except oem's.

Mike

ps my buttons will have to have lighting ridge solid blacks as the bmp's!
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

It's a cool screen- almost everything in one place. Suggestion, How about elapsed time RO? Thanks!

I like it, It looks pretty cool.

Thanks guys.
    The hold up is the designer has a few bugs that need fixing b4 I can finish the screen.
    Once the designer is up to scratch expect a heap on new free designs. I was going to charge a nominal $5 for the screens, but Art has worked out an agreement with me that makes the new screens free, and provides me incentive to keep on developing them.

The biggest thing I am excited about is making Multilingual screens. Expect very soon to see screens in Rusian, Chinese, and a host of other languages.

The biggest thing I am excited about is making Multilingual screens. Expect very soon to see screens in Rusian, Chinese, and a host of other languages.
    Are you going to do an Australian one first??
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hmm good idea Gerry. Instead of a button called "HOME" we would have a button called "PUB"

That reminds me, whats the deal when installing software, and the options are default on US English, you then need to browse to find International English.

Did the Yanks invent English ? Someone better tell the Brits they have falsified their history books.

Here is another idea for a screen, although I have just uploaded one screen of the set.
    I cant tell any more if what I am doing is crap or good. I stare at the computer so long, i just can be objective.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is another idea for a screen, although I have just uploaded one screen of the set.
    I cant tell any more if what I am doing is crap or good. I stare at the computer so long, i just can be objective.
    I like the look of this one better.

Joe

Sneak preview of a new screen for Mach3

Benny..
    I like it with one comment. It is a bit difficult to read the reverse highlighted line of gcode..

Page 1 of 2 12