Today I started assembly on my first Router. It will have about 38" x 24" x 5" of travel.

I have been working on it for almost 6 months and finally it is taking shape. It is made completely from aluminum and is powered by PicStep drivers and a homemade toroidal transformer power supply with about 48 volts when the motors are running all stuffed in an old table top computer case.
All of my parts came from the big E (well most of them) including the linear guides and stepper motors and material. I just ordered ball screws from homeshopcnc because I do not like the acme rods. I will put those on when they come in.
I have spent about 30 hours at a friends machine shop making the parts.
I have asked several questions to the great people of this forum and it has helped me alot with making decisions on size, power, and drivers. Before I started this project I knew nothing about electronics or steppers motor,
but I have been a machinist now for 20+ years.
Today I was able to get "X" axis to jog at a pretty good rate of speed and will post final speed results when I have some good figures and I make sure the step rate is accurate.

As soon as I learn how to post pictures I will and maybe someone can help me out with that. If I cannot figure it out I will put links to the pictures and will even try to put up a video when it is complete.

southernexplorer(Tommy C.)