585,712 active members*
3,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > STM light is on MX45-VAE

STM light is on MX45-VAE

I'm back for more help. Running our MX45 -VAE for several days with no issues. Today in the middle of the program, the light came on (STM) and the machine just stopped. The program has been running just fine for days and it happened when the program reached an T command. The next tool had already been positioned so the last t(x) command worked. The machine can be run from the beginning until it sees the T command, then it stops every time with alarm 2336. Any ideas? Appreciate the help....

go to diagnostic screen. It could be a couple of ATC confirmation signals or tool change arm position wrong.
    Generally, machine level must be adjusted once per year - on spring, when ground is warming up after winter. ATC must be re-adjusted every time after leveling.
    It could be just regular production dirt collected also.
    check manual ATC control. Check manual step-by-step ATC sequence.

Can you be a little more specific on the diagnostic screen as far as what to look for and how to use it? The machine was just installed a few weeks ago and is level.

Can't say what could be specific to get diagnostic screen. It's just selection of diagnostic screen and reading the messages.
    I guess, you can ask for help of your local Okuma dealer, because it is so fresh installation and it could be the installation issue.

This happens to us from time to time. If the tool has swung down ready to be changed, and then the machine stops, it's not getting the signal that tool is inplace for a tool change.

You might try to change to that tool in MDI mode to see if thats your issue.

It might not be ideal, but when this happens to me, I grab a broom, and smack the pocket holding the tool to be changed. Be sure to hit the reset button on the ATC control panel when you are done.