585,722 active members*
4,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Reasonable time to wait PAST deadline for parts to be delivered ?
Page 2 of 4 1234
    A stroke affects your brain. It is pretty random as to what areas, but the ability to plan and make decisions can be really screwed up. I see no evidence of intent to defraud.
    Godspeed Steve.

Not delivering + no refund = stealing

If I had a medical condition that made it so I could not work I would contact my customers and give the option of a full refund.

Interesting that his communication to the customer says "I haven't answered you in a few days because I am out of town." But now he says he was too sick to tell the customer what was going on. Which story is the truth? If it was really a medical problem, I'm sure a short e-mail or phone call to explain would've bought considerable understanding. But no communication, broken promises, and several now different stories? I'd be steaming....

Regards,
    Ray L.

(I'm recounting this from memory, I may be off a day here and there, I have notes, phone records, PM's , email's , if it comes to a court case)

Steve,
    I have heard SOOO many different stories , I don't know WHICH is the truth IF any.
    1st: You agreed to deliver 100 pieces FEB 28 , 100 March 31, 100 April 30, I paid the deposit amount you asked for
    2nd: IF I could wait til March 7-8 you would ship ALL 200 by then, I AGREED and paid for the TOTAL , I ACCEPT THAT WAS MY FAULT ENTIRELY.
    3rd: You disappeared, at least to ME ,Hence My post " where in the world is Steve Seebold" , others said they had been incontact with you and YOU told them you were on VACATION (hear say I know) when I FINALLY got in contact, you told me the parts were done, but you had a stroke, your son was supposed to have shipped the parts but he didn't.
    OK , I felt sorry for you and thought ALL was good, I'll wait
    At FIRST I believed you when you stated you had a stroke and were in ICU for a few days ,HOWEVER , I looked at your posts, you posted HERE almost EVERY day in March, the LONGEST time between posts was TWO days March 8 & 9 if I remember correctly ,which you told me was the day(8th) you got home from the hospital, and would ship the following Monday (11th).

Not sure about CA but here in MO, only DR/nurse's have access to computers in ICU.

On to the week of 11-15 NO parts , NO answer to phone, calls PM's, e mails.

4th; March 18-27 NOTHING

5th; I think it was 28th your wife answered the phone, you stated you were driving , had the parts beside you, and would ship USPS the NEXT day, I told you they HAD to be shipped OVERNIGHT. EVEN if you were incapacitated(you were driving BTW) your wife could have EASILY shipped the completed parts.

6th; 29th NO parts, I called , you stated you had shipped Priority MAil , I would have them on SAT for SURE.
    etc; 30th NO parts
    etc; APRIL 1st NO parts
    etc; Now it's APRIL 3rd
    etc; on VACATION until April 12th, NICE , hope your spending MY $$$$ wisely.
    STILL NO PARTS , that it was originally AGREED they would be DELIVERED FEB 28

I would REALLY REALLY like to hear your side. Just ONE story please.

I don't need the parts you made , IF any are made, we have been running our machines 17 hours a day to make up for your SLACK, and will have to continue for most of next week as well to catch up with the other jobs that got pushed back by your failure.

WE, WILL DO WHATEVER , IT TAKES TO KEEP OUR WORD TO OUR CUSTOMERS.

All due sympathy to Steve suffering ministrokes (and no doubt more to come), but the way he has behaved is indefensible.

It would have been so easy to tell toothandnail the truth. Instead Steve continued to lie over a period of several months, clearly showing an intent to deceive. And to eventually state "no refund" just confirms that he is not interested in providing service (and probably has had this attitude for a long time). It seems the truth is as he states "I can't just sit on my a$$". He is taking jobs (and the money) purely for his self interest, with no consideration of his customers.

And what a promise he makes to this forum.... " I will NEVER ask to do work for this gentleman again." No apologies, no refund, and can see no wrong doing!!! Great stuff.

He should refund the money, stop taking on jobs, sit and rethink his attitude.

Well said. Too bad all this had to play out in public in the first place (or ever occur at all actually).

Quote Originally Posted by bevinp View Post
    All due sympathy to Steve suffering ministrokes (and no doubt more to come), but the way he has behaved is indefensible.

It would have been so easy to tell toothandnail the truth. Instead Steve continued to lie over a period of several months, clearly showing an intent to deceive. And to eventually state "no refund" just confirms that he is not interested in providing service (and probably has had this attitude for a long time). It seems the truth is as he states "I can't just sit on my a$$". He is taking jobs (and the money) purely for his self interest, with no consideration of his customers.

And what a promise he makes to this forum.... " I will NEVER ask to do work for this gentleman again." No apologies, no refund, and can see no wrong doing!!! Great stuff.

He should refund the money, stop taking on jobs, sit and rethink his attitude.

Have any of you actually known someone who suffered a stroke? Their behavior afterwards can be inexplicable.
    I am still reserving judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Winks View Post
    Have any of you actually known someone who suffered a stroke? Their behavior afterwards can be inexplicable.
    I am still reserving judgement.
    I had health problems with a bad heart vale when I was 34. I could barely walk across the house. It was bad. I completely withdrew from the world. It really affects you in a big way. I pissed off a lot of customers because I was in such a state of depression. It sucked. I eventually made everything as right as I could when I got ahold of myself. I never told anyone past a few close family members what happened.

I was wrong not to be straight forward and say what happened but I didnt want anyone to know. It was, I dont know why, embarrassing for me to let people know that I was in bad health.

If a serious health issue IS indeed whats going on, I can tell you that it sends you into a hell of an emotional and mental tailspin. Not justifying anything or making excuses, just giving a small bit of insight into what its like to be in dire straits with your health and how it can affect you.

I was wrong for not being straight forward to my customers that were gracious enough to give me a second chance after I was back to normal. BUT, I was, indeed, wrong for not being stright forward with a lot of people from the get go.

Yes Winks I do know someone who has had a stroke and yes their behaviour can be significantly affected, usually permanently, depending on the speed of getting treatment.
    However a TIA is a transient event that usually corrects itself within a short period of time "usually in a few minutes". Check out the following link.
    Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke), Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention by eMedicineHealth.com

As that credible site (and many others) states an TIA is not a stroke but can be a warning of an imminent major stroke and hence no doubt Steve was very stressed and apparently has suffered some debilitating effects in the most recent event, if we can believe his last post.

But he seems capable of rational thought and was intent on presenting himself to toothandnail as being able to finish the job. As I said and still say, it would have been very easy, honest, and "gentlemanly" to have told the truth.

First of all never LIE, it's just as bad as a murderer. The most important thing now is you Steve take care of your responsibilities and give this guy a refund. You went way past your deadline, they had to run overtime, just call it a total loss and give him a full refund. You should never lie.
    Second of all, no one should be judging Steve unless they want to be judged themselves. If Steve doesn't do the right thing then SHAME on Steve, and shame will be there.
    So Steve, do the right thing, if your having all these heart attacks it doesn't sound like you have much time. You should be worried about making right with God, rather than your bank account, He will take care of you.

Toothandnail, would you please let us know how this gets resolved? I am interested to see if you get good parts, if you ever receive any at all. Since he basically taunted you on this thread (pure class), I'm guessing you're probably screwed.

I still think Steve will come through in one way or another.

David

I am going to meet Steve for lunch in a week or two. I will not bring up the subject. He can tell me his situation if he feels like it.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkossorg View Post
    Toothandnail, would you please let us know how this gets resolved? I am interested to see if you get good parts, if you ever receive any at all. Since he basically taunted you on this thread (pure class), I'm guessing you're probably screwed.
    That's pretty much what I figured , that's the ONLY reason I ended up posting his name

Quote Originally Posted by David Bord View Post
    I still think Steve will come through in one way or another.

David
    The MAIN problem, IF we get the parts , we DON"T NEED them any more, he stated already he WILL NOT give me a refund.

I WILL post the out come, when EVER Steve Seebold at Mid Day Machining contacts me. I WILL NOT contact him again , as I told him in the last communication we had.
    April 6 . . . . . still waiting.

Its pretty hard to burn bridges, but sometimes you just have to. I've been in business literally my whole life, and while it hurts to let somebody take advantage of you sometimes its just not worth it to go after them. I have walked away from more money than I care to think about some days. It just is what it is.

Unfortunately I have been overwhelmed before too. I was doing service calls out of a wheel chair in 2002 after a bad motorcycle wreck where I bounced my V-Rod off an oncoming car. (yes I had one of the first) I couldn't drive my truck so I threw my tool bag in the trunk of a Goldwing I had with a sidecar, and threw the wheel chair in the sidecar. Most of my customers saw that I would do anything I could to take care of them, but a few didn't. I was good for a couple hours a day tops, and the rest just had to wait for the next day. You ever see a fat man climb a ladder with one broken legged wrapped up in an appliance. LOL. Fortunately I was at a fair point financially at the time. I came out of it broke, but atleast I wasn't in the hole. Funny thing is that the next couple years after that were the best financial times I had in my life.

I am absolutely not defending Mr Seebold. I am just saying he was probably overwhelmed and your money has probably already been spent on bills. When one thing piles up after another and even small things seem back breaking its hard to see anything quite right. He probably had too much pride to admit the weakness and the screw up and then his previous promises that were then broken were probably given under the duress of not knowing if there was an end in sight... I know you don't need the parts. So does he. Why not send him an offer to pay you back over time. Maybe with a modest interest rate just to make it all right. This takes some of the bite off him, makes you feel better about not getting totally hosed on it, and helps to redeem Steve's pride and reputation if he accepts and follows through.

A just step in and keep swinging type approach. I've dug many a ditch that way. It might not be much, and sometimes the dirt falls back in the hole, but if you keep swinging the ditch eventually gets dug. Mr Seebold. I have gotten through a couple tough times in my life that way. I few of those times I broken down and let the tears run down my face because everything seemed impossible, but then when I quit being a baby and manned up I did what I have always done. I just stepped in and kept swinging. You could certainly step in and take the initiative for my suggested resolution if you wanted to. It might not seem like much, but something is always better than nothing.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Bob you're time is wasted here, you should be applying for the job UN Secretary General.

I'm impressed.

Phil

I'ld start more wars than I stopped I am afraid.
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Quote Originally Posted by bevinp View Post
    Given the fact he has proven himself a bold faced lier as well as blatantly taunting toothandnail in another thread, I have serious doubts about his claim of having ministrokes.

Well they seem to do OK in that direction without your help.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Bob La Londe View Post
    I'ld start more wars than I stopped I am afraid.

2 more days til April 12, I can hardly sleep.

Page 2 of 4 1234