584,897 active members*
3,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > Maintenance DIY Discussion > Hydraulic/Fludi Fittings for Spindle

Hydraulic/Fludi Fittings for Spindle

Hello,

I have an 80mm water cooled spindle like this one here I would like to remove the standard hydraulic fittings that came with it and replace them with a "push to fit" such as the ones made by Parker Prestolok (Resgitered TM). I measured the threads off of the existing fittings as ~0.308 in/7.82 mm with a caliper. I am uncertain if they are metric or std but even then it has proven difficult to find a "push to fit" fitting for a 1/4 in. tube with something along the lines of a ~0.308 in/7.82 mm thread on the other end. The drawings on the company site don't specify the thread side for the water channels in the spindle and I have emailed the company several times over several weeks and I have just been ignored. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

How are they sealed to the spindle body? Is it a tapered thread or do they have some type of seal. Most push-in style fittings for a metric tube have a metric or British thread, and fittings for imperial size tubing have imperial threads. I have seen both come out of china so hard to say. Here is a good selection. Valley Hydraulic Service - Valley Hydraulic Service, Inc.

They are threaded into the spindle. I want to remove the stock fittings and replace them with something like this. I am thinking about tapping the existing threaded holes so I can use these. I can not make out what the existing thread is. It is some kind of Chinese system Meglish maybe? Like Metric English (chair) The next size up that I can tap the existig holes to is 3/8 inch to match the Prestolok fitting as the fittings do not appear to be available in inbetween sizes. I am just wondering if that will be cutting it too close to the spindle walls or if that would impact pressure drop/rise at the interface of the new fittings edge and the channel due to slight size mismatch.